• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragonball Online RPG's Promo, Gameplay Videos Posted

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
MMORPG's strike me as the most pointless games in exsistance, but I found it interesting that you can't play as a Sayian. I guess it makes sense; if there were a Sayian race, everyone would pick them and the other races would end up ignored. Besides, after 250 years there wouldn't be any Saiyans left anyway, their genepool would be too diluted by humans. Still, I'm sure some people are going to want to go Super Sayian, but maybe there's a way to unlock that.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Question: Is there anything concerning pricing at the moment? Is this Pay-to-play or free with purchase of software?

I can see this coming out in America if FUNimation and Bandai would be willing to bring it over. Maybe someone can ask the FUNi reps at the next convention about it?
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote
youngavatar wrote:
well i hope it not one of those MMo where u spend endless time grinding hrs getting the best everything. hope they make it for people that play mmo part time like guild wars.

Coming from a Korean developer, this is a real danger.

But still, with the popularity of Dragonball in Japan and Korea, the only thing they have to do is NOT muck this up, and it will sell very, very well. Who knows about the US market? It will really depend on the quality of the game. But if this game is good, I can see the reverse of Japan and Korea happening in the US: people play the game first and THEN become fans of the franchise.
Kibamaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:37 am Reply with quote
[quote="Shadowrun20XX]I'm hoping WOW players jump to DBZ, if it does come to the U.S.[/quote]

Considering the fact that WoW is getting Expansion II: Wrath of the Lich King, we'll be too busy continuing the sequel to Arthas's story and trying out the Death Knight class :p

I'm not from the US, so I'm not gonna say "hope it comes to the US". To be more specific, "hope there's an English version coming" ^^

Being a Singaporean, I'm sriously hoping they won't make it US and SEA exclusives. Join both regions into 1 global version. SEA exclusives games are ALWAYS a disaster (check AsiaSoft's games).
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Kibamaru wrote:
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
I'm hoping WOW players jump to DBZ, if it does come to the U.S.

Considering the fact that WoW is getting Expansion II: Wrath of the Lich King, we'll be too busy continuing the sequel to Arthas's story and trying out the Death Knight class :p

I'm not from the US, so I'm not gonna say "hope it comes to the US". To be more specific, "hope there's an English version coming" ^^

Being a Singaporean, I'm sriously hoping they won't make it US and SEA exclusives. Join both regions into 1 global version. SEA exclusives games are ALWAYS a disaster (check AsiaSoft's games).

I've always kept away from the MMORPG games.But if I was to throw money away on a online game,it would be Dragonball.The group who made it,have already said there would be no U.S. release.You know fans will Hack,Alter,Steal and Build patches for it,they always do.That's the way the world is.They gotta know that U.S. eyes are on this.

I wonder if DBO is just story driven.I would love to play some PVP in the Dragonball Z universe.
RodimusBen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
This may be the first MMO I've ever considered buying/playing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2