• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime on Jeopardy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
space clam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Times like this I wish I was on Jeopardy...

Shoot, I could probably do well on Jeopardy with or without the anime category. (Especially with College Jeopardy. I REALLY can't see how those questions are worth that kind of money.) Of course, were there an anime category, I would probably break the buzzer out of zealousness when I pressed it. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
herbkir

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:49 pm Reply with quote
If the video clip was of some girls in a classroom, the anime probably was Lain. I've seen all the Tech TV anime and would almost certainly be able to ID it if I saw the clip or a still from it, but it sounds like Lain.

The interesting thing, as was mentioned earlier, is that the Jeopardy producers thought anime was sufficiently in the public consciousness that a well-informed person might know what it is and be able to recognize it on sight. (^_*)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
If the video clip was of some girls in a classroom, the anime probably was Lain. I've seen all the Tech TV anime and would almost certainly be able to ID it if I saw the clip or a still from it, but it sounds like Lain.

Could've been Boogiepop, as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
herbkir wrote:

Could've been Boogiepop, as well.

Yeah, it could've been Boogiepop Phantom or Serial Experiments Lain. Neither of which I can stand, they're just to....I dunno.......I guess bland for my liking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:15 pm Reply with quote
*L* Sometime ago on Planet Namek, they posted that one ep of Wheel of Fortune had "Dragonball Z" as a Title. Razz Pretty cool that TechTV and that the AU block got that quick promo.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
*L* Sometime ago on Planet Namek, they posted that one ep of Wheel of Fortune had "Dragonball Z" as a Title. Razz Pretty cool that TechTV and that the AU block got that quick promo.

Yeah it is. But as far as TTV and DBZ go, DBZ is aired on CN, so that is free advertising for them(CN).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3