• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animated Trigun the Movie Planned for 2009 in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Well I got all 12 volumes and then cheated and read scanlations of the ending. I have to wonder what the movie will be like. The series takes a bit different turn than the anime. It's a bunch more epic I'd say.

As for Vash vs Wolfwood.. Hmm.. Weird. I wonder how that plays out, especially in a stand alone movie. Trying to remember how that relates to the later manga story or if this will be a completely unrelated and new story.

BluMeino wrote:
All anime companies except Right Stuf, Media blasters, and anime works will die out before that.

Wait.. what? do you mind not talking out of your butt? Those three companies you mention are some of the smaller ones. Not that I wish they anything bad, but they'd be the first to go. Though RightStuf is also a distributor and retailer, more of that than a licensor actually. You totally neglect huge ones like Bandai and ADV. I don't see them going anywhere.
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quote
About time this was announced! I was beginning to think the project would never happen. Luckily that isn't so.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Wait.. what? do you mind not talking out of your butt? Those three companies you mention are some of the smaller ones. Not that I wish they anything bad, but they'd be the first to go.

Even though I know Blu was joking and this is totally off topic, the first to go was Geneon and they were easily one of the biggest companies. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
matrixdude124

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:51 pm Reply with quote
The movie needs Livio and Razlo.
Sakurin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:04 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
BleuVII wrote:
Personally, I didn't find the original dub cast all that great. Whoever did Wolfwood was worth keeping, but I wouldn't shed a tear if Johnny Young Bosch was replaced.

I whole heartedly second your sentiment. Trigun is one of the few anime titles where I've seen both the dubbed and subbed versions, and in this case I can definitely say that I'm a subtitle man. "Love and peace" just doesn't sound right unless it's in Engrish.

I couldn't possibly agree more.
Sakurin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm mostly excited to see Wolfwood again, I adored him so. Though, this does make me wonder where this is supposed to fit within the continuity of the series.. if it does at all. It could just be a sort of alternate universe type of thing. In any case, it's all making me want to go and watch Trigun again. It has been a few years after all.
Veoryn87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:38 am Reply with quote
Man, I heard about the possibility of a Trigun movie years ago. I was beginning to think it would never happen.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:28 am Reply with quote
Wow, I had assumed this had been canceled or at least was on indefinite hiatus since we hadn't heard anything for so long. This is great though.

I guess I'm one of the few people that don't see having the same VAs as a big deal. If it is a completely original story that doesn't follow the anime then they aren't even really the same characters exactly anyway.

I like this idea too. As much as I'd like to see more from the Trigun anime's story it is always tough to make a decent plot that fits within an already complete plot without resorting to random spin off territory. This way we get the excellence of Trigun's characters and concept. However, they are free to rework it effectively into a story that fits into a 2 hour movie.
mufurc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:43 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Obviously there's nothing stopping them from going back and accuratly adapting the manga, though. The Trigun anime was great but diverged significantly from the manga, so making a new series that's more faithful to the original makes sense.

I don't know, really. I think both the anime and manga are great, neither is inferior to the other (though I think the anime's writing is actually better). I don't really see the point of a "more faithful" adaptation. It's not like they butchered the manga or anything. (Not to mention that Nightow was there as an advisor for the anime, so I guess the anime staff pretty much did the best they could with what they had to work with.)

Wyvern wrote:
since a "Vash vs Wolfwood" story can't take place in the anime timeline, what with Wolfwood being dead and all

He's dead in the manga, too... and while it's been a while since I read Trigun, I don't really know where they could insert a "V vs W" story even in that storyline. Which is, I think, the reason the movie will be an original story that probably re-introduces all characters.
Beruda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
I'm very happy to hear this news. Actually I liked Bosch as Vash. He has a childlike and optimistic quality in his voice which I thought was right for that part which contrasted the violence around him. Now in Eureka I didn't think he was right because he sounded like a man trying to sound like a child. Anyway although I prefer dubs I hope they can get the original English cast back.

B.
Banken

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, I always wanted more Trigun...

but how far does the manga go past the anime ending? (seeing as how the anime ended 9.5 years ago).
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Banken wrote:
Oh wow, I always wanted more Trigun...

but how far does the manga go past the anime ending? (seeing as how the anime ended 9.5 years ago).

Way to bring back a dead topic, but I guess I can answer your question...

Save for all core characters, most one-off stories, and a couple key events that are similar to each other in both stories, the anime really has nothing to do with the manga plot-wise. It takes its strictest departure, however, in episode 19 of the anime and volume 5 of the Maximum manga, where they truly branch off and have nothing to do with one another. Not like they were real similar to begin, with, though...
SarahofBorg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:56 pm Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread but I don't really know where else on the entire internet to post this. It's from this month's issue of Young King Ours, the japanese magazine. I don't read Japanese so I don't know what it says. I took the photo myself.

dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quote
SarahofBorg: basically it says the movie will not be a recap of teh TV series and will have new story and animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3