• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
One Piece

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
showcool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:24 pm Reply with quote

HAHAHHA my first time post!...one piece ^.^" well...hey juz curious...where do u guys get ur animes? HOLY $#@!...i saw one person on the board full of animes....that must cost over thousands of dollar :O...oh well...^ ^"...animes like one piece go up to 100+ epis...so i wonder ^ ^"..
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:02 pm Reply with quote
No one ever said being an otaku was cheap. Wink Some tips: Best thing to do is just start from the begining and work your way through. If you really like something (such as One Piece with you) then stick with it. But never buy just because you feel you have to. Being a completest will drive you broke and buying something you don't like will drive you crazy. Smile Best way to buy, especially when starting out is domesticly, it's both safe and legal, but not exactly cheap unless you shop wisely. Keep in mind that chain video stores usually have a god discount on new releases so watch those release dates! And finally, Shop at Walmart, seriously, they're finally getting some variety in for about $10 cheaper than most places, the more we buy, the more likely they'll bring in more new titles.

Hope that helps in some way.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SmokingTiger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:54 am Reply with quote
How many episodes of One Piece is released so far?
How many of them are released on DVD in asia?
Which is the last episode of One Piece?

My girlfriend is from Hong Kong and she's going back this Christmas. She's going to buy DVDs for me and I was wondering how many DVDs are released and which episode finally ends the series.

I just love One Piece!
Magister_L

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:20 pm Reply with quote
You can also d/l anime online using Kazaa or mIRC, way cheaper than actually buying unless you think it sort of goes against of being an otaku
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:27 pm Reply with quote
SmokingTiger wrote:
How many episodes of One Piece is released so far?

One Piece Encyclopedia Entry
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Magister_L wrote:
You can also d/l anime online using Kazaa or mIRC, way cheaper than actually buying unless you think it sort of goes against of being an otaku

Doesn't go against being an Otaku.

But it is unethical.

One Piece is licensed by FUNimation, so downloading it would be wrong. :-p
genericanimefan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:12 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
No one ever said being an otaku was cheap. Wink

No kidding. Why do you think a good deal of us work in information systems in some form or another? For the most part, it's easy work and fantastic pay, so more money to buy more anime. Very Happy

In a related note, this is why I get frustrated over Xmas... on one hand, I know that I'll get a ton of anime gifts, but on the other, it is hard not to buy a bunch of it like I normally do, since I have to buy gifts for others. I like giving gifts though, I guess I need a second job in Dec. to support my habit! ^_~
caulfield

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:10 pm Reply with quote
amen braddah!

I.T./I.S. is the best field. It gets annoying once in a while when you realize that you cater to the abundance of ignorance in society, but thats a small price to pay. Also, since I am a manager, all too often I find myself surrounded by freaks... One of my technicians grows pot and mushrooms, one is a complete candy raver and blasts annoying electronica every chance he gets, and another is the geekiest sci-fi/gaming fanatic you've ever met (he leaves insulting notes to you in BINARY, his house is littered with dice and antique toys from B-movies, and he came to work on halloween dressed as Dr. Light from Megaman). I guess though that they could criticize me for spending obscene ammounts of money on imports of Japanese music and shabby fansubbed cartoons...

But it pays well and keeps the decadence flowing freely into my accustomed lifestyle. And its experienced based (which is good for a lousy college dropout like myself), so you can lose your job and find work relatively quickly.

Wearing a tie does suck though... As do cubicles...
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:29 pm Reply with quote
I love the way this thread is going.

Now if you don't mind, I need to get back to final adjustments on my Avaya IP Office instalation.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 1:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm weird in the sense that I always tell people to not get me anime for Christmas, since I don't trust them (except my best friends) to get me exactly what I want. If I ask for a certain DVD, I end up with something else. If I ask for merchandise from a certain series, I'll end up with bootlegged eBay stuff. ^-^; It's not worth it after awhile.
genericanimefan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:36 pm Reply with quote
SakechanBD wrote:
I'm weird in the sense that I always tell people to not get me anime for Christmas, since I don't trust them (except my best friends) to get me exactly what I want.

I just tell people who don't really understand my habit to buy me gift certificates. That way, I get what I want without confusing them. Very Happy
floor182

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:06 pm Reply with quote
i first saw it in shonen jump but didn't even read it
i thought it looked stupid
but when i got done reading the rest of shonen jump , i couldnt help but get curious and read it
i love it!
PuertoRicanMan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:56 am Reply with quote
As for where I get my anime? Im starting to make the jump to online sites. Up until now I've been lucky in that the local FYE store has an obscene anime section, and Bestbuy was pretty good too.. aside from the fact that they are the only places in town that sell anime. If your starting out, stores will usually do pretty well.
If you get really into it, you will like most of us make the jump to online sites since you can pretty much find anything.
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Getting back to One Piece, here's a cool game, courtesy of The Comic's Journal's manga column Lost in Translation: just say "One Piece" every chance you get.

"Let's check out that new sushi place. I hope they give us more than... One Piece."

"Instead of many wars, we should strive for...One Piece."

Your friends will love you!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2003 7:22 pm Reply with quote
one word: Kazaa

arr matey!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2