• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daily Links of the Day: File-Sharing, Saiyuki Musical

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
omnistry wrote:

The work of "Saiyuki" and "Monkey" are based on the same Chinese tale: "Journey to the West" by Wú Chéng'ēn, so there are a lot of similarities.

Yes. I know it's an old Chinese story.
My daughter used to watch "Big Bird in China" ad nauseum when she was 3 or so so I am familiar with The Monkey King from that little tape

This one specifically mentioned the Minefura story which is very good. Her take of the legend is different from Toriyama's in Dragonball, or the version we saw in Gokudo. We even saw the characters in an ep of InuYasha, as I recall.

But Minekura's characters are an irritable priest sent to stop the attempt to revive the Ox King by his consort who has spread something across Shangri-La which has caused the demons who co-existed with the humans in peace insane so they are now attacking humans. Pretty Boys with a tude out to save the world only looking out for themselves. Sanzo's ward Goku, Hakkai, a human turned demon after killing 1000 demons, & a halfbreed demon Gojyo.
There have been 3 anime, an OVA, a movie & a game based on this manga plus several drama & music cd's
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
Excellent heads up on the Ultra Jump Egg.Yuri is always good in my book.

If you mess with the site long enough,there are like 12 different intro illustrations.
Porcupine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote
It seems that Winny is probably the primary protocol/program/target for the file-sharing issue, but is it the only one? The linked article(s) don't specify that these practices could only apply to Winny. They could also apply in principle to BitTorrent or any other P2P protocol that people living in Japan choose to use.

But like I mentioned in another thread for this issue (we were re-directed here), it's just as samuelp said. Simply turn on packet Encryption in your P2P client (such as BitTorrent) and the ISP cannot easily detect what software you are using or what media is being transmitted.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quote
Someone on Satoshi Kon's board responded with the following when I mentioned the article:

Quote:
Your source is right.But today,Japanese companies concluded that cutting off the Internet connection is basically not approved even if the users use P2P.They decided that the companies can set a kind of limit to "Heavy users" who send and download large files if other users have bad effect by them.But they can't cut off the Internet connection and set a limit only because Heavy users use P2P.

http://mainichi.jp/select/biz/news/20080318k0000m020138000c.html?inb=rs

This is a very big problem for us.But Japanese people don't pay attention so much....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2