• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop's Levy Plans 3D Lament of the Lamb Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
I could see what Levy is saying with the 3D. You honestly don't need action. Yet.. it's totally not needed. It's too expensive and tricky. Why bother? Plus if you need 3D to invoke emotion and drama in your audience, then your story must not be good enough in the first place. Lament was a good story. Why they can't simply translate it, why the have to add all this extra crap I simply cannot fathom.
Strephon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:52 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Besides Guyver, didn't Crying Freeman also get a film?

You're right, it did; I overlooked it earlier because I ran across the Hong Kong version first. It was 1995, though, so Guyver is still the earliest one I can think of.
Cicatriz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:29 pm Reply with quote
As long as it's better than the OAV. Worst anime I've ever seen. I watch it when I need to but don't want to write papers. It makes writing papers far more interesting.

Edit: Reading the article, it doesn't even sound like it's based off the manga at all. It sounds like they just used the title to get some money.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quote
Funny and sad thing is, they're not even using the title. They made up a crappy new one. Hell, if anything, I want to say they're trying use the buzz that the movie is 'based off a manga'. That would be nice, you know, if it was based on the damn manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2