• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Buried Garbage - Roots Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tanuki-sensei

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quote
Not to further the off topic discussion, but the word berliner can mean several different things; the pastry, a citizen of Berlin, or a newspaper format which oddly enough is not used by The Berliner, a newspaper from Berlin.[/i]
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote

Smile
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quote
You know, with majority of their catalog consisting of crap, I'm surprised Central Park Media is still around. I've never seen Roots Search, but I was already convinced by the cover art that it wasn't worth renting.

And since majority of the titles covered on Buried Garbage are CPM titles, I nominate Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past, Wanna-Be's and Crystal Triangle for the next installment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Monsieur Pink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
I've never seen Roots Search, but I was already convinced by the cover art that it wasn't worth renting.

But that doesn't make any sense since the cover is awesome!
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Monsieur Pink wrote:
But that doesn't make any sense since the cover is awesome!

Well, I didn't like it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Monsieur Pink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
Well, I didn't like it.

At any rate I'm sure it beats the hell out of taking some artworks that were actually use to make the OAV (judging by the splendid artistry it seems to have).
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I wish the cover would mirror the release, because it had a very cool Giger Alien vibe, too bad the title seems to be a stinking pile of crap... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Vicserr on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
rocklobster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:59 am Reply with quote
areaseven wrote:
You know, with majority of their catalog consisting of crap, I'm surprised Central Park Media is still around. I've never seen Roots Search, but I was already convinced by the cover art that it wasn't worth renting.

And since majority of the titles covered on Buried Garbage are CPM titles, I nominate Dog Soldier: Shadows of the Past, Wanna-Be's and Crystal Triangle for the next installment.

Yes, but let's not say that all CPM sucks. Remember they own Record of Lodoss War, Grave of the Fireflies, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Project A-ko. (OK, so I haven't seen Utena, but hey, hundreds of otakus can't be wrong, right?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:36 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:

Yes, but let's not say that all CPM sucks. Remember they own Record of Lodoss War, Grave of the Fireflies, Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Project A-ko. (OK, so I haven't seen Utena, but hey, hundreds of otakus can't be wrong, right?)

They once owned Utena which like Patlabor TV and Arslan is now out of print. Someone might pick up the rights like Area 88 and Slayers which ADV and Funimation resurrected, but for the most part many of CPM's best titles are no longer available.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
rocklobster wrote:
Can you do Gall Force or Project A-ko next? I want to know the availability of some stuff I actually saw and liked, which you haven't done yet.

My god, I love those two, as well as Venus Wars and a bunch of others.
Risk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I watched it a few hours ago and thought it was pretty average (not that that's a bad thing.)
manny7546

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:37 am Reply with quote
Well I guess I'm the only one that liked this. LOL! The soundtrack is great too. It reminds me of Masamichi Amano legend of the ovefiend. I would do almost anything to get the LP OBI. I've searched everywhere like Yahoo auctions Japan.
Gareth Greatorex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I have just watched this - I love 80s anime so found the art style and music pleasing but my god the story is just useless! And that ending … Definitely recommend though just for the laugh.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3