• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blade of the Immortal TV Anime Confirmed for Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
That comment is such a joke considering Bee Train is doing it, I.G (who own BEE Train) or the A team of Madhouse should've been the only 2 studios to be considered.

Bee Train.... *facepalms*
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Heh, and I though I would be the only one bitching about Bee Train. I think its safe to say that Samura's art style won't be retained for the adaptation. Of course the most important thing is the actual writing and direction. The character's are already strong enough to carry a lot of the show, but it may be hard to replicate Samura's sense of tension and pacing, which are two of the manga's biggest strengths in my opinion.

britannicamoore wrote:
How is this even possible? I've read a few of my friends BotI comics, and it so violent.

Aside from the ridiculous spreads that only lasted about three volumes its no more violent than things like Berserk or Ninja Scroll, and it has none of the nudity or (arguably exploitative) rape scenes that turned some off from those series.
Berserkfury819

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
YES YES YES!!!! I have been waiting for an adaption of Blade of the Immortal for years. Blade is what got me into manga and aside from Berserk, it is my favorite manga ever. I just hope they do it justice.
8JF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Why all the negativity for Bee Train?
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
8JF wrote:
Why all the negativity for Bee Train?

ever watched their adaption of tsubasa RC!?*assuming not*they screwed up with that since ep1 and it was pretty awfull to see that become of one of my first manga i've read.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha: Even in toned-down form, Berserk had to be shown on late night tv in Japan. And Ninja Scroll only got the film festival treatment. But I can see Blade of the Immortal getting a better slot, since there are so many samurai-themed productions over there.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote
BEE TRAIN? Oh Christ. Rolling Eyes
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quote
It's good to hear that Blade of the Immortal is finally getting an anime adaptation. But I'm also rather disappointed that Bee Train is doing the animation.

I think this type of project would be perfect for a studio like Mad House, who have done great work with darker toned projects, like Blade of the Immortal, in the past (Ninja Scroll, X, Monster, Claymore, Death Note).

Bee Train's have been rather bleh in my opinion, but maybe the studio can actually prove itself with a project like this.
8JF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Ginrai1984 wrote:
ever watched their adaption of tsubasa RC!?*assuming not*they screwed up with that since ep1 and it was pretty awfull to see that become of one of my first manga i've read.

You're right, I haven't seen Tsubasa. However, I have watched Noir, Madlax and the .Hack animes and these aren't suffering from animation failures or problems.
Kyouki-Kamikawa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
u guys are weird, el cazador's animation wasnt bad at all..wasnt freaking uber but it wasnt bad

that was the latest anime I've seen from bee train, so im not gonna assume it will be any worse than that

the cast here is freaking awesome tho

mamiko noto needs to stop stalking me in every anime i find interesting
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh nuts! TRC and Avenger director is doing this with Bee Train. They should have gotten the BONES team that did Sword of the Stranger imo. I heard that that team did a great job with that film. Madhouse also did a nice job with Shigurui and could have done a great job with this one too. Production I.G. did a great job with Guardian of the Sacred Spirits and also could have done a great job with this one.

But who did they get? Shocked
RoseWhip

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear, I knew animating Blade of the Immortal would be hard enough for a top-of-the-line studio like Bones, but for Bee Train to be doing it... At least the VA's don't seem to be too bad.
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Blade of the Immortal to be animated...

YAY! That's so awesome. This will be the best anime in yea-

Quote:
by Bee Train

.............sh!t.
Space Butler XIII

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote
The only way this can be any good is if they went all Murder Princess with it. Which means they'd have to be willing and able to bust out OVA quality animation with every damn episode.
kizzmequik_74

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I have the feeling that the art style of the anime will displease me. Greatly. I've always thought that Samura's art style is one of the great un-animatables, in that only the greatest of studios and the largest of budgets can make a satisfactory adaptation. This summer, I (we) get a chance to find out if that long-held perception is correct. Gaaah, I sure hope that it isn't.

Still, the cast looks to be pretty strong, with big names up and down the list. Looking forward to it with fingers and toes crossed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4