• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Thank you

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asian Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
It seems Anime News Network are banning the request or posting of illegal downloable Anime even a streaming one, unlike many other Anime forums who provide them even after the Japanese government releasing an official warning to the American goverment to stop illegal download Anime on net.

Thank you very much for Anime news network cooperation to spread the news.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Asian Guy wrote:
It seems Anime News Network are banning the request or posting of illegal downloable Anime even a streaming one, unlike many other Anime forums who provide them even after the Japanese government releasing an official warning to the American goverment to stop illegal download Anime on net.

Nani?When did this happen?Got any proof?
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
This has been on the site practically forever, it's listed under the forum rules.

Not to ask/request links to download anime, including fansubs. This isn't the place for them, and it's pretty much asking for illegal content.

^^; This thread is probably going to get locked soon, but I guess some staff will let you know that you're welcome...

Last edited by tygerchickchibi on Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
PurpleM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Asian Guy wrote:
It seems Anime News Network are banning the request or posting of illegal downloable Anime even a streaming one

In recent times, hasn't this always been the case?
Asian Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Asian Guy wrote:

Nani?When did this happen?Got any proof?

So there is still someone or possibly many more other members in here who did not know about this information. Could I ask the moderator to put this topic on sticky or putting a topic saying downloading Anime are illegal even straming one?

This is the information source translated by one of the Anime news network staff.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-10-23/japan-asks-america-to-stop-illegal-net-releases-of-anime
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately this is the wrong forum for this sort of thing as the talkback forum is specifically for discussion threads linked to news articles. There are stickies in place in the Anime forums advising people that requesting and providing links or information regarding illegal downloads is specifically prohibited on the site. Unfortunately as this is the Talkback forum and this thread isn't related to any specific article I am going to have to lock this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1