• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2008-03-26

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UtenaAnthy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I know this is old post, but I want to say few things.

As a collector, I rather spend my money on obscure titles. I happen to own a book called "Complete collection of Anime LD" (Japanese), which lists every Japanese anime laserdiscs titles released from 1981 to 1997. There are so many titles that are not released to DVD format due to lack of popularity and other factors. Some of them are buried treasures. I know we're moving to next gen media format of Blu-Ray, but not all DVD titles will make to Blu-Ray format. The same cycle will repeat again when something better than Blu-ray shows up in 10-20 years from now.

However, there are some titles that were unavailable on VHS that are available on DVD, many in fact, and DVD did finalise the move to season boxsets or a preplanned full release in singles most likely followed by a boxset from the previous tendency, particularly with kids shows, to release a few episodes on a tape every once in a while, I guess there are other factors, but DVD has brought more stuff out in some ways as well as less.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6