• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Dragonball's April 8, 2009 Date Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote
Damn, Chow would be awesome as Tienshinhan! Anyway, I hope the fact that it's so close to April 1 doesn't mean anything...
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
Great,I'll have a bottle of Wild Turkey scheduled for 4/3/09.Sure as hell wouldn't watch it sober.I'll have to chug to keep from comparing the Anime and Manga.I'd like to remember it as a decent movie,if anything at all.Hope they keep the crude humor the series is known for.I also hope the name alone suckers in enough business to greenlight DBZ.Haters are going to have a field day,a year from now.
Celes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 am Reply with quote
Mmm, well I guess it's good that they are not putting it up against the summer blockbusters, lol, although it really does seem to feel like a summer film.

Either way though, February-April is usually when the studios drop their stinkers so that they can bring out the big guns May-July. I hope this doesn't mean anything.
ddojo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Fox's website now lists the date as 4/8/09. This is a Wednesday. This would be very strange to open on a Wednesday if they truly that it would be a failure. Strange move.
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Awww, I was looking forward to a 08/15 release date, because it was the day before my birthday. And what better way would there be to celebrate an 18th birthday than see a crappy live action version of a young boy's anime? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
ddojo wrote:
Fox's website now lists the date as 4/8/09. This is a Wednesday. This would be very strange to open on a Wednesday if they truly that it would be a failure. Strange move.

Not really. It would get a head start on the other movies and make more money than it would have if it opened on a Friday.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1