• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Two Nine-Decade-Old Anime Films Discovered

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Let's try not to turn this in to yet another fansub debate guys, this really has nothing to do with fansubs. Before no one can really argue this point without finding out if these truly are public domain or not, which no one actually seems to know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:
reanimator wrote:
nstead of spouting with such nonsense, let's just cheer for this wonderful discovery of the old film that could possibly change Japanese, perhaps the world's animated film history.

It won't 'change' the film history. Japanese historians knew of the existence of those films, but just on Paper. Since due to the earthquake of 1923, the firebombing of the WWII and the destruction by the SCAP of several films, they thought it wast lost. In fact, there are almost no animated films from the 1917-1928 period.
So this two adds the visual capability to a film they knew existed.

Rolando

My mistake. It's still awesome discovery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2