• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan (Nymphet) Second Term Anime Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Proz512 wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
Sweet! I can't wait till it get's licensed for R1 DVD's.

Every episode of Sazae-san & Doraemon being dubbed and released R1 has a better chance of being licensed than this.

The "they are really 18!" argument would not be possible at all. In fact, most would scream in terror when they realize someone dropped the 1 from the age of the characters.

Exactly my point as well. I am almost 100% NONE of the girls are even past the age of 7, so I am really discusted that this series is still continuing.

Seriously, isn't there laws against this gene of anime? A good friend of mine told me this series isn't clean at all and is beyond perverese.

A friend of yours huh?Ever try reading it for yourself?The story is about a school teacher who is constantly teased by the 3 main characters.It's got comedy as well as sad moments in it.

I highly doubt that it will succeed at another attempt at arriving stateside.What is Taboo here,is not necessarily the same else where,but I think you already knew that.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Seriously, arn't there laws against this genre of anime?

Technically there should be but this isn't Imperial Japan anymore. This is the present and people are allowed, and have the ability, to watch and make whatever they want, as long as it doesn't violate any technicalities. I admit that I consider it tasteless, but that is insufficient to justify criminalizing it.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Exactly my point as well. I am almost 100% NONE of the girls are even past the age of 7

They're 10.

Quote:
Seriously, isn't there laws against this gene of anime? A good friend of mine told me this series isn't clean at all and is beyond perverese.

Way to judge a series on hear-say alone. Rolling Eyes

When this whole controversy came up, I decided to read the series before I made any judgements. What I found was an intelligent drama full of social commentary about the importance role adults play in a child's emotional development. Rin's somewhat scandalous actions are those of a child who seeks affection, but doesn't understand how to properly express herself. One of the main focuses of the series is how Rin matures as a person and no longer feels the need to act out.
Panda Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Proz512 wrote:
einhorn303 wrote:
Sweet! I can't wait till it get's licensed for R1 DVD's.

Every episode of Sazae-san & Doraemon being dubbed and released R1 has a better chance of being licensed than this.

The "they are really 18!" argument would not be possible at all. In fact, most would scream in terror when they realize someone dropped the 1 from the age of the characters.

Exactly my point as well. I am almost 100% NONE of the girls are even past the age of 7, so I am really discusted that this series is still continuing.

If you watched it, you probably wouldn't think that. Yeah, the main characters may only be 7 or so, but, the stuff they are saying is not that different from what most children think. Also, it's not like the teacher is banging every girl. So, please don't make uninformed remarks about a good series.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
This is a good one for 4Kids.
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit that when I first heard of this series, I was a little disgusted by the premise of it. But having read up a little more on it, it doesn't sound nearly as bad as I initially thought it was. I'm definitely not in the moe/loli genre, but after having read some of the favourable opinions of the posters here about the show, I am considering watching it, as it does sound kind of interesting.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Anymouse wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Seriously, arn't there laws against this genre of anime?

Technically there should be but this isn't Imperial Japan anymore. This is the present and people are allowed, and have the ability, to watch and make whatever they want, as long as it doesn't violate any technicalities. I admit that I consider it tasteless, but that is insufficient to justify criminalizing it.

Not according to UNICEF! Laughing
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun20XX wrote:
Pinkwings wrote:
Ok I am not interested in reading or watching this kind of series because I hate lolis and any kind of fanservice and sex jokes...unless its coming from Family Guy or something.

But one thing bugs me. I heard that the main character has a reason for acting the way she does. I would REALLY like to hear it. Mainly because psychological problems catch my interest. And I am curious. I can't help it.

So can someone tell me about Rins family life at home? And why she is the way she is? Was she raped or something? What happened?

Can someone who is following the story pm me the answer to the above or post it here with spoiler tags?

Please don't delete this post. Thanks.

spoiler[Rin chan,after losing her mother,has developed a mother complex.She has a Male guardian that she lives with too.She also likes to provoke her sensei.This is what people that hate the idea of loli,rave about and Seven Seas couldn't take it.Her Sensei is level headed enough to ignore her.Dispite the title no sex has taken place or ever will in the series.]
Read the manga.It's provocative but it's got a decent story.People love to judge it by the cover(As well as the sick doujinshi counterparts).Dismiss the content, after you've read it.It obviously sold well enough to make a sequel.
Thanks alot for the info. Also I did a little digging and found out the guy who raises her is spoiler[doing some inappropriate stuff and doesnt seem too well in the head.] It seems interesting.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

Somehow I don't see them embracing their "we make holes in teeth" ... err ... "we butcher all dialogue, story, and plot beyond the point of recognition" reputation anytime soon. Certainly not for anything that could tarnish the perceived quality of their stellar lineup of shows actually directed at younglins.
goodwin999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quote
YES this news just made my day Laughing I am also waiting for those R1 DVDs for season one. Anyone know when they are coming out? Razz
Miho

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Exactly my point as well. I am almost 100% NONE of the girls are even past the age of 7

They're 10.

Thery're in their third year of elementary school, so wouldn't that make them around 8 or 9 years old?

goodwin999 wrote:
I am also waiting for those R1 DVDs for season one. Anyone know when they are coming out?

I doubt this series will get an R1 release...

Anyway, I've seen a little bit of the first season (about 4 episodes) and I honestly didn't find it as disturbing as many people did. Okay, maybe a little bit of it was disturbing, but it wasn't so bad to the point where it made me dislike the show. Besides, I know there is much worse out there...
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
goodwin999 wrote:
YES this news just made my day Laughing I am also waiting for those R1 DVDs for season one. Anyone know when they are coming out? Razz
As soon as all it's fans band together, invest their money in starting a new R1 anime company, and release it themselves. That's about the only way it's going to happen, barring a shock and awe license.

Sadly, while millions are spent to help politicians slap each other around in election years, I doubt enough anime fan money could be put together to buy a cheese burger let along an anime license. Sad

Then again, I don't think anyone's actually ever tried to do an anime fund raiser.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote
Miho wrote:
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

They're 10.

Thery're in their third year of elementary school, so wouldn't that make them around 8 or 9 years old?

Make that currently 10 years old. While the girls started out as third-graders, they moved up to fourth grade in chapter 23. Rin's 10th birthday was in chapter 31.
loka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
the first season of nymphet surprised me. in a good way.

looking forward to this one. perhaps it will have some censors that are just as amusing [whole screen censored for 10 seconds]
Miitan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

Maybe if they tried hard enough they could find enough suitable material to fill one of those 30 second slots.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7