• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Starz Strengthens Brand Ties with Manga Entertainment

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MageofFire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote
Hm this is interesting. It's good to have an integrated marketing campaign but I don't agree with the goal of the campaign. Isn't Starz a premium package in the States? How are they going to reach possible customers outside of the States with this campaign?
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quote
That's right. When I had Dish and Direct, Starz was bundled with the Encore channels - if anything. I don't recall seeing it with the other "movie" channels unless you were willing to pay 70 bucks a month for the whole shebang.
Then again, that was at least a couple years ago since I last checked.

I didn't know Anchor Bay, Manga and Starz were all connected. I'm way out of the loop here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ConanSan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quote
If this meens Akira done in 60 seconds and preformed by bunnies, then I'll be for it six ways to sunday.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
If this meens Akira done in 60 seconds and preformed by bunnies, then I'll be for it six ways to sunday.

Ohh, hadn't thought of that but sign me up too. Akira, GITS, and maybe Perfect Blue to provide a family friendly title.

Will be nice if this also leads them to start running some in HD. *enters dreamland* Maybe by then Comcast will have picked up the full suite in HD rather than just the flagship.
MageofFire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Perfect Blue is family friendly? I saw that movie adn I was a bit creeped otu by it's ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1