• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Macross Designer Mikimoto to Work on Appleseed TV Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:13 am Reply with quote
Now this is news. Mikimoto designing for the 'Appleseed' TV show? This is interesting. But it's not the first time someone else has handled the designs for one of 'Shirow's creations. I have to see this. I want to see his rendition of 'Deunan'.
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
Oh God....Oh God....

Paku Romi....Deunan....No expletive of any sort could ever fully express my tingly feelings of fangirlish joy...The voice actress I have accepted as my lord and savior and one of my absolute favorite manga characters ever....-screams and runs in circles-

I was actually getting used to Kobayashi Ai, but I think that Paku-sama will be able to steer the role away from the horrible awkwardly-girly-action-chick image of Deunan in the movies and bring her back to the choleric, tough-as-nails-yet-still-retains-a-fair-amount-of-kickass-femininity Deunan we all know and love.

Now that I've got that out of my system, back to the topic that was actually the focus of the article. It'll be very interesting to see how the CGI plays out in a TV series, and I wish some pictures of the character designs were available. They're going back to the manga for the mecha designs, it seems, and that makes me happy. I still can't help but wonder why bother with the CGI, though. It doesn't look particularly good, and I can see Appleseed working just fine if it was animated like GitS: SAC; cel characters and traditional backgrounds integrated with CGI vehicles and such. If they tried to make some sort of point by using only CGI in the movies, it came through loud and clear: we think that pretty graphics can distract people from the fact that this film contains no substance whatsoever!

-ahem- Regardless, I will do my duty to both objects of my fangirl obsession and watch this. Can't wait!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quote
I'm definately interested now. Though i'm still hoping that they do that same thing to the new dominion:tank police series
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1