• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - April 5 - 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVok

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Uh ... isn't the final episode of Black Lagoon worth noting, as it airs in Canada on G4?
championferret

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quote
A simply smashing rendition of The Click, my good sir.
(seriously, your commentary is the only reason I bother reading this article; living in Australia it otherwise serves no relevance to me at all)
jel123

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
The Click - April 5 - 11 wrote:
Robots? Preposterous! Why resort to mechanized robo-men when low-paid civil servants will perform much of the same tasks? Call me a luddite if you must. This week, these rubbish mechano-droids fight to keep their all-powerful artifact, the AllSpark, from falling into villainous hands, or some darn such thing.

I say, is such strong language really necessary? I believe we are all aware of the sorry state of civil servants today, particularly in relation to the automatons, but resorting to this type of denunciatory verbiage does not help the cause. It is beneath you sir.

If I may be so bold, I would like to bring to your attention another matter. There appears to be a glaring omission in the "PREMIERES" section of your fine column. Monday evening, 7 April, starting at eleven Tactics will be broadcast on the Science Fiction Channel (or as they insist on referring to themselves the "Sci-Fi Channel"). According to their "web site" the two episodes that will be airing are:
11:00 PM Episode 21 "Gateway to Memory"
11:30 PM Episode 22 "Blue Eyes"
Doubtlessly Kantarou and his strapping young manservant Haruka will be off on another adventure battling and befriending yōkai. Not to be missed!

Following the afore mentioned programming there will be two reiterative episodes of Noein; Episode 21 "Illusion" and Episode 22 "To the Future".

Sincerely yours,
jel123
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote
whoa, i didn't know Starz was showing Second Barrage.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Indeed ....

Quote:
After aiding in the capture of the faux-"Kira",

Though being the "third" in a proud tradition does not necessarily make him a posturing phony.

Strangely, having a spot of trouble remembering what predicament that ninja fellow is currently in (so THESE are the dreaded fillers ... okay, I concede they make even the Sasuke-flashbacks look good.) Guess it's time for a quick trip to the deleted files folder.
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

And it doesn't help Canadians know G4 is airing it when it gets skipped on this list ....
Kelly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:

Is it going to be aired in it's entirety though, considering it's currently in DVD limbo? I haven't seen confirmation of that one way or the other - or whether the rest of Hellsing Ultimate will be aired, for that matter.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
Is it going to be aired in it's entirety though, considering it's currently in DVD limbo? I haven't seen confirmation of that one way or the other - or whether the rest of Hellsing Ultimate will be aired, for that matter.

Since the last episode of The Second Barrage will be airing on G4TechTV Canada this Friday, I don't see why Starz Edge can't finish airing the entire show.
Kelly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
Thanks, Buster Blader. Good to know.
Raja

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Calmly and soothingly rest your buttocks in your favorite armoire, with a smooth vintage Chablis in one hand, and a fine humidor in the other, and let the wafting waves of TV listings slowly drift in front of your eyes in a most dignified manner.

You want us to sit in a closet holding a glass of wine and a high-humidity cigar storage case?
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
let the wafting waves of TV listings slowly drift in front of your eyes

I wonder if I can waft any waves?

*Fills a bathtub, tries to waft waves*

Indeed I can. But not in a most dignified manner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RevyHenriettaRider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:18 am Reply with quote
Hello! Cool

Thanks for the heads up about Black Lagoon. I was able to see the first two episodes of the Second Barrage.

I wanted to know if anyone has ImaginAsianTV. I hope that it is ok to ask this question. I would love to get Kyo Kara Maoh!'s last 12 episodes of the dub somehow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1