• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 500,000-Copy Jump Square Debut Gets 2nd Run of 100,000

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Yaaah SQ! Hoping it does well.

I'm a bit wary of Watsuki-sensei's latest work, particularly given the quality of his last one. We shall see.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, so does this mean that Beet is still on hiatus?
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't aware Watsuki-sensei had a new series out. I want to check it out even though I found his last one (*coughBusoRenkincough*) not all that great.
Heretic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Being the Watsuki fanboy that I am, I found Busou Renkin to be quite enjoyable. I'm definitely checking this out. On another note, though related...finally Claymore has returned.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Being a big fan of Rurouni Kenshin I'm interested in this new work of Watsuki's. Being massively disappointed in Busou Renkin (and having no interest in Gun Blaze West which I believe was canceled after a few volumes), I have very low expectations and can only hope he can make something good again.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 am Reply with quote
Sounds to me like they advertised well, on top of making sure that Claymore has a place to continue its run. I've never heard of a 2nd run, so now I know what that they exist, and it's nice to know that they decided to do that so that everybody who wants to buy will get that chance.
Ryu19

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:18 pm Reply with quote
HikotiriShadow scans are out and the story is awesome. Way different than anything he's done before in terms of violence and images. Check it out ASAP.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:46 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I searched all over Akihabara the day after it was released, and there was nary a copy to be found. The advertising job was SUPERB, as anyone who rode the trains in Tokyo saw it at least once per day. And the ad wasn't annoying at all, it simply showed a picture of the main character from each manga and the name of the manga. It spoke for itself.

One week later, I found it in the 7-11 of the quiet countryside town where I live. I had to buy it. I mean, one of the mangas is "Embalming - The Another Tale of Frankenstein." Engrish in the title is just too good to pass up. Plus, the debut of Luck Stealer and the one-shot "Hello Baby" were worth the cover price, just for the collector's value.
Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Is anybody discussing Matsuri Special anywhere? Kamio + Shonen = DOES NOT COMPUTE

There's also supposed to be HYD news tossed in there...
Jump Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
Is anybody discussing Matsuri Special anywhere? Kamio + Shonen = DOES NOT COMPUTE

There's also supposed to be HYD news tossed in there...

I agree, that is very weird because Yoko Kamio made some of the most Shojo series I know (kinda like Hana Yori Dango). But actually I found Matsuri Special to be a very good manga; even though I am a man. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1