• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: PiQ Goes to Hell with Sam & Max

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Kabuto Tokugawa wrote:
I really wish they had written a better article about Sam & Max. I'll probably check it out on my own, but I wouldn't have from just PiQ's piece on it.

I sincerely hope they improve soon. Sad

I picked up both PIQ and Otaku USA,and Otaku USA is more worth your time if you still miss the old localized version of Newtype.Volume 1 Issue 5.It's got the double sided 3 fold pin-up,the DVD sampler,a few of the ads that were in newtype,a chapter from the Fairy Tale manga and Its all anime,manga and few pages at the end had some game coverage(like the us newtype).The only thing it's really missing is the full,left to right spread.

PIQ Issue 2 was decent.I still own the Sam and Max:Hit the road PC game.(though I still can't get the sound to work).
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Kabuto Tokugawa wrote:

Pretty Evil (aka Disgaea 3) on page 36;
Ooh..an article about a game that came out like what, a year or so ago.

Disgaea 3 isn't out yet, at least not here. I don't know if its out yet in Japan.
Kabuto Tokugawa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Disgaea 3 isn't out yet, at least not here. I don't know if its out yet in Japan.

Oops Embarassed
That's my bad, I confused it with Persona 3. I apologize for the mistake and will correct it in my review.

Persona 3 is a game I own and like very much which came out in July of 2007.
I confused the two because I was reading about Persona 3: FES in GameInformer magazine at the same time I finished my review of PiQ.

I should've double checked before I posted it but I was way too tired last night and too jazzed about the upcoming Gears of War 2 game due to come out some time around the end of this year. It looks awesome.
GameInformer magazine did a full ten page piece on Gears of War 2 and by the looks of the article it will be everything the first game was and much more.

Disgaea 3 came out in Jan of this year in Japan BTW and will be available to the North American market in August.
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Disgaea 3 came out months ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2