• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last 6 Minutes of Unaired Code Geass R2 Episode Leaked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Screw the fans, this is about ratings, and profit. Don't you think it's wierd that Sunrise is THIS pissed, when you can get whole episodes off the net? It's because this was leeked BEFORE the show was aierd, and it might affect ratings, witch affects profits. It's a VERY big deal
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quote
arrests? i'm sorry, but i think that's a little extreme. i mean it's not even thew whole episode.
shadowblack

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
I watched the leaked part, and I'm rather disappointed - there was nothing all that impressive. I hope it's just something that was scrapped (deleted scenes), because if it is from the real ep, then they should redo it.
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:
Mirri wrote:
The leak included spoiler[Lelouch trapping and confronting Rollo with a pistol to his head, then Rollo using his Geass to teleport behind Lelouch, holding the same pistol to his head]... I would say that is a pretty important plot point - whoever leaked it deserves to be punished.

I personally hope that they take the "wait 2 weeks" route, and show a revised version of episode 3.

I completely disagree, I don't see why just because a large chunk of the episode was leaked you should have to redo the whole episode (or worse two episodes) and in the process make fans wait even longer.

First, one of the largest appeals of Code Geass is the suspense from episode to episode. Where's that appeal when the cliffhanger for the next episode has been leaked? Gone. Second, it reflects negatively on the company to have allowed a leak as such to occur. If they change the episode, then the leak will not mean as much as it would otherwise.

This is a situation where the fans do not matter (compared to the loss of reputation). PLUS, if they make us wait even longer, the suspense will build even further regarding what will happen next and when the revised episode airs (many of) the fans will be even happier. I don't see how anyone can complain about a two week wait when we had to wait months for stages 24 and 25.

Last edited by Mirri on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
arrests? i'm sorry, but i think that's a little extreme. i mean it's not even thew whole episode.

It's still theft nonetheless.
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* As much as I love Code Geass I wanted to see that leak Anime hyper yet, can't find it.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Screw the fans, this is about ratings, and profit. Don't you think it's wierd that Sunrise is THIS pissed, when you can get whole episodes off the net? It's because this was leeked BEFORE the show was aierd, and it might affect ratings, witch affects profits. It's a VERY big deal

honestly it could be more take2 thing that would make more people tune in to watch
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I really hope they don't change the episode just because of this. Delaying/changing it just punishes the viewers who didn't watch this on Youtube, and encourages people to seek out the leaked clip in order to see the sequences which appearently now are going to be removed or altered (we all know that it's going to be impossible to get the clip completly off the net. if people really want to find it, they will.) Especially if they make us wait an extra week to see the next ep.

Just run the episode as-is and keep a tighter ship from now on. If anything all this publicity will help the show's ratings. And the longer you delay the episode, the longer this clip damages the show and remains a hot commodity. The second the episode airs, the leaked clip becomes meaningless.
james039

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
I have to wonder why they think fans will skip watching it on TV just because they know how it ends.. are they fans or not? Sadly, in the cutthroat world of advertising, the amount of money advertisers pay for a spot during the show is based on how many people they *think* will watch, and this would just be a sad excuse for advertisers to claim some sort of discount on the timeslot because "people already know what happens". Unfortunately, given the way TV is funded through speculative ratings numbers, this leak will cost Sunrise quite a bit of money.
Leaker being arrested seems too harsh a punishment to me, more like fined, or possibly sued, damages awarded to Sunrise...
Stewiesan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I thought this was a joke but I found it on Dailymotion. I was very tempted to watch saw a glimpse of it and it makes me that much more excited. Is Sunday here yet?
HSaabedra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quote
james039 wrote:

Leaker being arrested seems too harsh a punishment to me, more like fined, or possibly sued, damages awarded to Sunrise...

They arrested him because he stole the footage to begin with. The company doesn't want to look ineffective against this sort of thing, so they used him as an example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Saint Juste

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote
It was kind of suggested that Rollo had powers. I actually watched the video and it's not like to stop airing for 2 weeks. I mean if it was something dying maybe but not... I find really stupid they stop the airing it's not like everyone in japan saw it.
So... I don't think they should just stop airing for 2 weeks... or if they do they should do a re-make that at least worths the wait.
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
HSaabedra wrote:
james039 wrote:

They arrested him because he stole the footage to begin with. The company doesn't want to look ineffective against this sort of thing, so they used him as an example.

I don't know about Japan, but under US law unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material being prepared for commercial distribution is one of the three activities defined as a a criminal offense. If they requested a law enforcement investigation of the matter, then the arrest was probably an inevitable consequence of that.
504NOSON

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Just the last six minutes of the 3rd episode wouldn't interest(let alone satisfy)me at all. Not considering the fact that most hadn't even seen the 2nd episode. But,it does show how easily material can be leaked and it must have been an employee of Kabushiki Kaisha Sanraizu,which intrigues me to see what future works will be leaked. As far as leaks go,I don't mind them at all. As long as the fans are getting the goods,than it's all gravy Very Happy
finalnight

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quote
IF they change the episode it will the contaminate the original vision of the Code Geass story that has already been mapped out.

Arcs that change midway end up badly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5