• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Jump Anime Tour to Show New Dragon Ball Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:39 pm Reply with quote
New Dragonball anime?!?!?!? Shocked

This is multiple levels of awesome. Very Happy
Sir Hamilton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quote
seriously? Anime hyper I didn't just smoke too much? Anime hyper
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
There is still one Fist of the North Star movie in the works (Kenshiro Den), as well as the Raoh TV series. Although this movie won't have the original voice actors. Sad
I think there are still Saint Seiya OVAs being made, but I'm not sure.
Kinnikuman would indeed be a great one to bring back, as it's been off the air for a while now and since its cancellation the Demon Seed Arc is completed and un-animated.
I'd also love to see the Rurouni Kenshin Jinchu Arc properly animated, but I guess that will never happen. Sad
WristBandMan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quote
nice!!! it'd probably be loads better than that Dragon Ball movie Hollywood is making~~~

for the other title... Yu Yu Hakusho please!! (is it JUMP?)
Effect

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:10 am Reply with quote
New Dragon Ball anything is great news. Smile

Still I hope the other animated project is something Hunter x Hunter related. It's been a long time before anything was done with the series and I think now would be a good time to do something for it if they plan on animating at least some of the Chimera Ant arc. I think enough has been done that they could at least put out an OVA covering parts of it. A short special with updated animation would be great to get the ball rolling.
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap I read "New Dragon Ball Anime" and I flipped. Then I read it was just a special.

Hopefully it'll be worth watching
Kriffix

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:53 pm Reply with quote
[quote="braves"]
Captain-Bravo wrote:
One Piece is considered "old" and "classic"? It's only 11 years old, I don't think it falls into either category. >.>

I beg to differ, It may not be "old" but it is most certainly a classic.
It's a shame it doesn't get as much attention in the west, no doubt due to the lack of Bishonen characters for our vain audiences.:p
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Wow,I was'nt expecting this,I mean,has'nt Akira Toriyama mentioned that he never wanted to do another Dragonball related animation ever again?

but anyway,it's nice to see a new Dragonball special after 10 years....I guess thats ok...I guess,even though I've lost interest in DBZ after all these years,but I hope this special goes back in time to it's old roots like a remake of one of the classic sagas or somethign like that.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Effect wrote:
Still I hope the other animated project is something Hunter x Hunter related. It's been a long time before anything was done with the series and I think now would be a good time to do something for it if they plan on animating at least some of the Chimera Ant arc. I think enough has been done that they could at least put out an OVA covering parts of it. A short special with updated animation would be great to get the ball rolling.

Yeah, this is another one I was thinking about as well. Even though the manga hasn't finished it's run yet (and probably far from it too) the anime sure as heck has, and I know I'd love to see an animated version of the Chimera Ant arc myself. This'd definitely be a good time to do it too.

I don't know though, a 26 or so episode series seems to me like the best rout for it. There might bee too much in 6 volumes material (and counting) to cover with just and OVA or a special or something.
anime_lord1989

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote
i hoppe that it will be something in the middle of the movie heroes lagacy and the end of gt........that chibi goku adventures and stuff you know the parts that are missing.........and later they will make DragonBall AF real.........LOL.........i read the scenes and stuff in the internet a long time ago it was good......^-^
Chiaki777

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
sometimes..... we just need to realize.... that some franchises are dead. If this is another n episode series with 5 hours of charging up for the Super Sayan X form... I'll just... lose faith in humanity. Yes, that'll do.
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:28 am Reply with quote
There wouldn't be any need for 5 hour powering up sequences, since this isn't like when the TV series was airing and they needed to pad things out to avoid catching up with the manga too quickly....

I'm really excited for the new Dragonball special. It'll really be cool to see something new after all these years!
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Arcwave wrote:
Whoa!!! A new Dragonball??? Sweet! It's been nearly 20 years... this made my day!

Razz

i would not jump the gun just yet. i'm waiting until more info comes up.Hopefully these versions are the manga version of GT or at least a new versions of DB that comes after DBGT and the GT movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
evilsilven

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:14 pm Reply with quote
my favorite show is back. i love db/z to death. dragonball gt to me never really existed because akira didn't really made it. so that saids yes yes i cant believe it they is making a new dragonball anime. i hope its after dbz when goku is actually teaching uub how to fight and fly and when trunks and goten is saving the world from new enimes. and pan became a supersayian. the real pan not no dbgt pan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3