Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Code Geass Clips, Episode 1 Posted Online


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
scortia



Joined: 27 Mar 2006
Posts: 174
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope they eventually realize Lelouche's serious-Zero voice is supposed to be much deeper... He isn't going to sound the least bit threatening with that voice. Otherwise, it's not horrible thusfar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
narutoismybrother



Joined: 10 Aug 2007
Posts: 198
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh my poor Lelouch, what did they do to your voice.

Last edited by narutoismybrother on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
504NOSON



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Well,that's nice for those who like dub and/or don't know that the entire 1st season is online. But,it really doesn't matter to me,since it will most likely suck(I mean,it is dub Rolling Eyes )and I've already seen season 1 and are on season 2. Sooooooo,yea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Veoryn87



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 808
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I find nothing wrong with the dub. New voices just take getting use to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hara



Joined: 10 Nov 2006
Posts: 208
Location: EU
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Oh, even more Code Geass material was "leaked" xD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MagicallyDelicious



Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm definitely not a fan of dubs, but I will say one thing... decent pronunciation of the names... I was expecting "Karen" but it sounded like they said "Kallen".

I'm not really a fan of the voices, but I think that one line by Viletta sounded good. C.C.'s voice... not good enough for me.

"He mustn't die!" wasn't near as dramatic as it should have been... C.C. practically screamed it in the Japanese version...

I might watch the streamed episodes for a while to see how they do, but I'm not gonna watch it on TV.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JackCox



Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 379
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
This is why I'm glad I never watched it in Japanese, So i can get use to the voices in English. Someone put this up so I can see this, I can't hack through adult swim's region lockout.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
redhandgrunt



Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 22
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind everyone except Kallen. Her voice kind of annoys me,but it will likely get better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Houlgrave



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Posts: 21
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Lmao. We go from Jun Fukuyama to Bosch for Lelouch? Sorry, but that just doesn't cut it in my book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raven Shinobi



Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 664
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why they made Kate Higgins change the voice that she used for the clip on the official site -her voice in that kind of lacked the sultriness found in Yukana's voice but she did well in capturing C.C.'s character, the voice that I heard in the second trailer on the other hand sounded...too weird for C.C.

Lelouch, uh, not low-pitched enough, he also needs to put more arrogance into his performance.

I liked the other voices better. Suzaku was a little high-pitched compared to Sakurai, but he was alright. Kallen and Lloyd were good so far, though I don't know how the latter will sound when the character's idiosyncrasies kick in. Corenelia was only one line, but she sounded good with McGlynn's voice, the same with Jeremiah. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of cast sound.


Last edited by Raven Shinobi on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
funkapotamus



Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Posts: 7
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:
Well,that's nice for those who like dub and/or don't know that the entire 1st season is online. But,it really doesn't matter to me,since it will most likely suck(I mean,it is dub Rolling Eyes )and I've already seen season 1 and are on season 2. Sooooooo,yea


Well, god damn! Aren't you the king of the universe? Hee-yoo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fokkusuhaundo



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 346
Location: San Diego ♥ ☼ ▓
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I could've guessed that this news would attract dub-haters. Don't like the English voices? Isn't that what the language option on the DVDs are for? You can prefer watching it subtitled over dubbed but to hate it just because it is a dub leaves me wondering if you just don't like the English language. Rolling Eyes

JYB sounds like what I expected him to sound. I can't say that I liked Lelouch's seiyuu too much so JYB is a welcome change, even if I've heard his voice as the lead male in countless other dubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime
RogueJedi86



Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 501
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote
504NOSON wrote:
Well,that's nice for those who like dub and/or don't know that the entire 1st season is online. But,it really doesn't matter to me,since it will most likely suck(I mean,it is dub Rolling Eyes )and I've already seen season 1 and are on season 2. Sooooooo,yea


We don't tolerate elitist fansubbers around here. Dubs are better and better these days. You can't deny the awesomeness of the Bebop dub(even Shinichiro Watanabe, Japanese creator of CB, prefers the dub), and Death Note's dub is one of the better ones in years.

Give it a chance. Dubs are a lot better these days. I haven't heard a dub worse than "average" in years, and Code Geass is looking to be no exception. I'm hearing great things about the voices already.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Veoryn87



Joined: 14 Nov 2006
Posts: 808
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:
I could've guessed that this news would attract dub-haters. Don't like the English voices? Isn't that what the language option on the DVDs are for? You can prefer watching it subtitled over dubbed but to hate it just because it is a dub leaves me wondering if you just don't like the English language. Rolling Eyes

JYB sounds like what I expected him to sound. I can't say that I liked Lelouch's seiyuu too much so JYB is a welcome change, even if I've heard his voice as the lead male in countless other dubs.


People are still allowed to judge the dub if they want, even if they're negative. The problem is with blanket statements some people may make, and I think only one person really did that. Some people may be judging it unfairly, be bias, etc, but we don't know that for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MagicallyDelicious



Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 157
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't know why they made Kate Higgins change the voice that she used for the clip on the official site -her voice in that kind of lacked the sultriness found in Yukana's voice but she did well in capturing C.C.'s character, the voice that I heard in the second trailer on the other hand sounded...too weird for C.C.

Lelouch, uh, not low-pitched enough, he also needs to put more arrogance into his performance.

I liked the other voices better. Suzaku was a little high-pitched compared to Sakurai, but he was alright. Kallen and Lloyd were good so far, though I don't know how the latter will sound when the character's idiosyncrasies kick in. Corenelia was only one line, but she sounded good with McGlynn's voice, the same with Jeremiah. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of cast sound.


Cornelia had a line? I didn't hear that at all...

I didn't think she showed up until a bit later on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group