• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: English Code Geass Clips, Episode 1 Posted Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seichan80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quote
might want to add that streaming is USA-only.
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Veoryn87 wrote:
People are still allowed to judge the dub if they want, even if they're negative. The problem is with blanket statements some people may make, and I think only one person really did that. Some people may be judging it unfairly, be bias, etc, but we don't know that for sure.

Yeah I agree, I'm just hoping that this thread just doesn't fill up with posts from people with a blind hatred towards dubs, because there are people like myself looking forward to seeing this show dubbed and on [as], even though I've already seen the first season in it's entirety fansubbed.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious wrote:

Cornelia had a line? I didn't hear that at all...

I didn't think she showed up until a bit later on.

I'm talking about the second trailer that featured clips from the 10th episode.
504NOSON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
funkapotamus wrote:
504NOSON wrote:
Well,that's nice for those who like dub and/or don't know that the entire 1st season is online. But,it really doesn't matter to me,since it will most likely suck(I mean,it is dub Rolling Eyes )and I've already seen season 1 and are on season 2. Sooooooo,yea

Well, god damn! Aren't you the king of the universe? Hee-yoo!

[Edit: Guess again, it looks like you aren't after all. I'm afraid you're just a troll; which means you're stuck living your bitter, insignificant life under a bridge feasting on passing billy goats who still manage to find a way to outsmart you. If you don't like dubs, good for you, but I'm afraid if all you're going to do is flame and attack dubs and those who like them then you're just an intolerant j****ss of a troll with an attitude that belongs hiding under a white sheet instead of on a forum that promotes community and discussion. This behavior isn't going to be tolerated, end of story. We're pretty tolerant here, even allowing those with closed minds, such as yourself a voice. But if the voice is there to do nothing but provoke others and spit venom, then you're done here. - Keonyn]
Big Hed

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Go back to whatever chan you came from, troll. You're wasting valuable internet here.

Anyway, I'd love to watch the stream, but alas for region lockouts. Although my confidence in the dub is wavering from comments I've heard here/teasers for the show elsewhere. I thought Jun Fukuyama and Yukana nailed Lelouch and C.C. in the sub, so this will be a hard sell for me (not to mean that I'm not buying the DVDs, but the language I listen to them in is the question here Wink).
redhandgrunt

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 pm Reply with quote
This is not a topic to argue with one guy. People have their opinions and are entitled to them. If you don't agree with something and don't really have anything constructive to say about it ignore it.

I don't like that they changed the line when the officers shot themselves but I can understand why they did it. They almost seemed happy as they shot themselves and that was pretty disturbing really.
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Dub seems pretty good to me!

I like how they hardsubbed the Japanese text (very fansub-esque). I wish they'd translate the songs as well, but what can you do. Makes me wish I had cable Very Happy

-Tofu
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
At this point, I just hope that the next installment in 'The Click', will include a Code geass listing for Canada for next Friday. I don't mind the US audience being ahead, I just don't want to miss out on another good anime that's currently heading for the US only. Being a week or so behind is fine but not getting the series at all is flat out depressing for anime fans in Canada, like myself.
DonutGuy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quote
More annoying than the dubs is calling it a "robot anime". Where the hell are the robots?
testorschoice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
DonutGuy wrote:
More annoying than the dubs is calling it a "robot anime". Where the hell are the robots?

Here:
http://geass.jp/first/world_04.html

That's why the Japanese categorize it under "science-fiction robot anime":
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/コードギアス_反逆のルルーシュ
Ligene

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:08 pm Reply with quote
narutoismybrother wrote:
Oh my poor Lelouch, what did they do to your voice.

He got dubbed, duh. You can't expect Bosch to sound the same as Fukuyama, that would be ignorant since they speak two different languages.

While I was skeptical at first about Lulu's voice, from the clips streamed I think it's pretty good. Even if it's not his best performance, say like Kiba from Wolf's Rain or Vash in Trigun, you know it's at least going to be good.

But I'm going to say this, although I haven't heard C.C.'s voice I am very, very excited considering Kate Higgins is playing her. And Yuri Lowenthal as Suzaku is just plain awesome.
CruzMissile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quote
hmm.....

hopefully lelouch sounds more sinister later on....

I think whomever is voicing jeremiah actually got that voice bang on.

.... and was this supposed to air in canada? i haven't heard of anything from YTV....
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
The dub is tolerable, but it's nothing special at all, it sounds pretty plain and normal to me. Absolutely nothing to get excited over, sorry.

Also, no Pizza Hut Anime cry
low88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quote
who cares, i'm buying it anyway Razz
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote
The Best voice in my opinion? Crispin Freeman playing Jeremiah, he sounded like a complete psycho and Sam Riegel playing Clovis made me almost want to jump through the screen and slap him. (He did his job) But I still think the crap people are throwing at JYB is uncalled for, I'll have you note that Bandai said themselves that Goro Taniguchi the Original Director of Geass hand-picked the english voices himself. So for anyone to claim the dub sucks, you can blame it on the original Japanese director who had a huge hand in picking the voices. I agree that JYB has had way too many lead roles these days, but really who are we to fault somebody who is so talented he gets these roles?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5