• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2011 FMA Film's U.S. Theaters Partially Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
MagicallyDelicious wrote:
I think this might be the first time I've ever seen a showing in Pittsburgh for any anime movie... usually the closest one to me is Columbus, Philly, or New York (which really isnt that close)...

I assume this is going to be a dubbed movie?

You must not pay much attention to theatrical listings then. Nearly every anime film that has played in theaters over the past 4 or 5 years has played in Pittsburgh, usually either at AMC/Lowe's at the Waterfront or Cinemark at Pittsburgh Mills.

Some I've seen:
Howl's Moving Castle
Bleach The Movie: Memories of Nobody
Naruto: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow
Ponyo
Cowboy Bebop the Movie

There are a few more that aren't coming to mind at the moment. Arrietty is also scheduled to play at Cinemark and likely Lowes as well. As another poster pointed out, at least one of the Eva movies has played in Pittsburgh as well. So anime films coming to Pittsburgh is fairly common.
zerograde

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Peoria, IL? Really? I swear Chicago gets NO love when it comes to anime movie theatrical releases. Hopefully we still have a shot as this is a partial list.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2