• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 04-30-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Aromatic Grass wrote:
It's because of all these places like FF.Net and YouTube that make people think they can turn into great writers/movie directors within just a few seconds. Don't get me wrong, though, I'm all for expressing creativity, but you see where these things sometimes lead... Rolling Eyes

.... Tokyopop contracts. Laughing Laughing

(no, really, I love you guys, Dramacon is still awesome, I swear)

You win! Laughing
Nermal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Hah..."original ninja animes"....when will they learn? But seriously, what's Nina's e-mail? I want to ask her if she wants to split a room at AX with me and my roommates.
Ralboon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Being a writer myself, I have to kind of wonder about the whole concept of "fan fiction." If you manage to write something that's truly epic, you're still leeching off of someone else's work, so what was the point of all that effort.
ilkz

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:07 am Reply with quote
I think ZAC's idea about 5 gay teenager and the elemental magic powered robot was way better than this crap.

look at answerman/2008-04-04 Wink
Hunter Sopko

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Nina's always running over to Kevin's place. When will he get a full blown unwanted harem?

I highly doubt there's a such thing as an unwanted harem in Kevin's eyes. It'd take some creative magic to make it unwanted.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:04 pm Reply with quote
rabble wrote:
After all these weeks Nina has yet to go to an onsen, public bath, or to the beach. Not a panty flash nor scenes of gratuitous nudity in sight. And is anyone else tired of waiting for the obligatory loli character to be introduced?
I just want to see Nina with twin tails. Anime hyper

Ralboon wrote:
Being a writer myself, I have to kind of wonder about the whole concept of "fan fiction." If you manage to write something that's truly epic, you're still leeching off of someone else's work, so what was the point of all that effort.
It can be used as a way to practice your actual writing skills without having to create everything from scratch. Also, it can let you test an idea for an original story by using familiar characters. It can give you a chance to work out some issues with a plot idea.

If nothing else, it's probably just fun for most people.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
missing_soul wrote:
Well, well.

After last week's **** & pet torture joke Nina's panel now kindly mocks the fanbase ie. the customers of ANN and Owners.

Hopefully no one reads it Rolling Eyes

Maybe next week it'll be about humorless anime fans who spend their time complaining about webcomics!

Now that would be interesting, but not as interesting as this week, last week and the week before that comic strip. I really liked this week's comic, the parody of Answerman was excellent.

Also, since when did Anime News Network have customers? I know we can donate, but since there aren't any actual products, I fail to see how people can call us customers.

That would be saying Pinnaples aren't yellow.

Anyway, great comic Robin, I look forward to next week. I must say this however, your comics are steedly becoming more interesting, fantastic work. Soon some of your recent comics may be even more humorious than the Valintine comic.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote
OOOooo! How about Nina meets "Man-Faye"?
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I came a bit too late. Oh well, it's not as if what I'm going to say would've made much of a difference, but here it goes anyways:

Nothing is original. Every single series we've read, show we've watched, everything that we know has been done before in one form or another. In the end it all boils down to one a story that was told long ago. The point isn't the "originality"...it's the delivery of the story. So a kid wants to make an anime about ninjas with element powers. Okay...good for him. He shouldn't be utterly dismantled because of it's "unoriginality".

What I find the most interesting about the comments people are posting is that many of you are anime fans. Look at Rahxephon, now look at Evangelion.

Hm?

So many similarities I lost count at episode 2. And yet, each series is entertaining and memorable in their own way.

In any case, while it's true their series would most likely never be made, no need to be so harsh on kids who are just replicating what they see: the same series being redone with smoother animation, slightly different characters and maybe a better soundtrack.
irishninja

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:51 pm Reply with quote
For the second week in a row, you made me lol (honestly!). Thanks for the much-needed laugh. Smile
sam18x

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:51 am Reply with quote
We burn down the dreams of children at our own risk. No human has ever come up with a story that was profound from the very first moment it was conceived. At some point every great work started out as sheer enthusiasm and little else. It's how you decide to act on it that makes all the difference.

I know that's a little extreme, but when people tell kids their dreams are impossible it makes me a bit angry. In the case of making an anime, very, very, very, hard, yes, but never, ever impossible.

But either way the comic always brightens my day Very Happy
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote
I find it interesting that so many have commented or were offended that the comic was bashing kids with idealistic dreams. Did no one notice that Nina defended the kid? ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Just a random thought: How long until somebody shows up at a convention cosplaying as Nina?

And yes, I did notice that Nina defended the young dreamer. Good for her.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
Just a random thought: How long until somebody shows up at a convention cosplaying as Nina?

Funny, I was looking at a few comics in the archives, and I saw the one where Nina encountered the cosplayers, and the same thought came to me.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Did no one notice that Nina defended the kid? ^^
I noticed but, well, Nina's such a sweet elf, it's sort of expected that she'd defend the kid regardless of how stupid the kid is.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5