• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Yu Yu Hakusho DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TODE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:25 am Reply with quote
Overall, I really enjoyed this review, maintaining a positive attitude about the series but not without honesty. However, there are a couple of things I'd like to address (and I apologize if this is nit-picking):

"Going back to the dark days of DVD production, the disc starts off with an unskippable preview for Kiddy Grade."

It *can* be skipped, they just don't make it easy. Smile The "Title" button works, and you can even use it to skip the FBI warning. (Although it seems that DVD remotes are slowly phasing out Title buttons)

"The Japanese version of the opening contains a slightly rescored opening song, using the same lyrics as the first opening. The new music is more upbeat and flashier than the original."

To me, the music seems to be exactly the same, except it sounds better somehow, like when you tweak with the treble or bass on a sound system. I popped this one in and then popped in Vol.2 to compare; I do not think it was rescored, maybe just re-processed.

Otherwise, great review and I love coming to this site. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1