• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Irresponsible Captain Tylor - Limted Edition Ultra DVD Box S

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teferi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
release#4553

Did I miss something in respect to this product? Because while it says it's limited, there ought to be someone selling it...

I can't even find one on ebay O_o

Should I just give up and buy the singles? I'd appreciate any help finding it.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quote
This gorgeous box set was available at TRSI from 2005-2007 when it sold it's last copy. The extras DVD isn't anything special, but the physical packaging (CD dimension) is really well crafted. The OVA collection is still available.

There is currently a thread at animeonbdvd about this box sets availability.
undeadben

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:44 am Reply with quote
Yes this is one of my favorite boxes also, but as far as finding it, it seems to have gone the way of the Cardcaptor Sakura books, Sailor Moon collections, and others. In terms of actually finding this it will probably be in the same range, from $150 to whatever is the best ridiculous offer for used sets, or maybe even more as this set really doesn't appear to be available anywhere.

I searched through most of the regular online places, including the shady ones I never buy from, and only found one place that lets you order it but has a "polite" message that it is "currently" sold out but will ship as soon as they get a new shipment. Yeah, not something I'd try either. So unless you're willing to wait and pay big money for a used 4 DVD set when/if one becomes available, if you can find them it's probably best to go with the singles, although they might be tough to find too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1