• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Central 2008

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
ANN's coverage of this upcoming weekend's Anime Central convention will start going live after the first industry panel.

Before then, I would like to give forum readers an opportunity to suggest questions our reporters may ask at each of the panels.

Currently, the four companies that will be holding panels at ACen 2008 are Funimation, Viz, Bandai Entertainment, and A.D. Vision/ADV.

This is *not* a thead for any discussion about the companies themselves, only for question suggestions. We also cannot guarantee that your question will be asked, just that we will try to ask it.

Thank you,

- Mikhail Koulikov
Events Manager
Anime News Network
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
Release dates (or even years, maybe...) for Ouran, Darker than BLACK, Honey and Clover, and NANA would be excellent.
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Release dates (or even years, maybe...) for Ouran, Darker than BLACK, Honey and Clover, and NANA would be excellent.

Yes please! I've been waiting over a year to buy Ouran and Darker than Black, and Funi hasn't even given a release date yet.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
For the Viz panel, could you ask about Viz's plans for doing sub-only DVDs for niche shows? They apparently have said that they are willing to do sub-only releases for shows that are more niche than what they normally do.

Also, could you ask about Viz's plans for the anime series Monkey Turn? ShoPro licensed it a bit ago and now Viz has it due to the Viz/ShoPro merger. It's an excellent show that is just lying there doing nothing at Viz.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I think a lot of people would be very interested to know what's happening with ADV Manga (particularly Yotsuba&! and Gunslinger Girl). Are they going on another years long hiatus or is this just a brief delay while ADV reorganise their company structure?
murph76

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
I think a lot of people would be very interested to know what's happening with ADV Manga (particularly Yotsuba&! and Gunslinger Girl). Are they going on another years long hiatus or is this just a brief delay while ADV reorganise their company structure?

I agree. I would hate to see both those titles dropped again.

-Murph
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quote
murph76 wrote:
Moomintroll wrote:

I agree. I would hate to see both those titles dropped again.

I'll third this.

For FUNimation: will they be looking into licensing more horror titles? I have my own vested interest in the anime series Mononoke (not Hime) being given a miracle license.

Also, how is Viz's Signature line performing? Can we expect to see more additions to it for 2009?
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:11 pm Reply with quote
One more question from me.

For FUNimation: will Shigurui: Death Frenzy be released in single format or will it be a straight-to-boxset release? It wasn't detailed in the press release.
Reliak

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Thirding request for info on Ouran and its partners in unreleased-ness. If FUNi doesn't talk about this, ask, please. ::down on knees begging::

Also, for Funimation: Do they plan on switching to collections for all of their future shows, or will they still be going with singles for the potential big-sellers?

Viz: Will they be picking up the releases for their shows on pause (Full Moon, Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis)?

Viz again: Do they have any plans to release Monster in R1?

Bandai: Are you guys awesome, super special awesome, or the bestest company ever? - Okay, so this one is rhetorical.

Thanks for soliciting questions, by the way!
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Reliak wrote:

Viz: Will they be picking up the releases for their shows on pause (Full Moon, Hikaru no Go, Prince of Tennis)?

I'll second this one. I'm really interested in completing Full Moon myself, and it would be nice if we could get a good answer on that one (even if I'm not expecting much...)
Farix

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quote
The question I have aren't about any specific anime, but more general industry questions.

Question 1: What plans do each of the companies have in dealing with the issue of digital fansubs and piracy?

Question 2: Are licensing fees continuing to spiral upwards or have they leveled off?

Question 3: What is the ballpark figure for anime licenses today?

Question 4: How much does it cost to license, dub, package, and distribute a single anime season? (information on specific series would be helpful)

Question 5: How many copies did specific anime series sale and how much revenue/profit have they brought in?

Question 6: What do they see as the causes for slump in the anime market?

Question 7 (related to 6): Exactly where do they see the anime market heading and what plans do they have to adapt to that market?
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Viz:
- Regarding HunterxHunter DVD sets, will you release them in (6) 12-13 episode boxsets or (3) 24-26 episode boxsets?
- Will HunterxHunter be sub-only or billingual?

Funimation:
- Any plans to acquire the Aquarion OVAs and Movie?

Bandai Entertainment USA:
- Which dubbing studio will be doing Gurren-Lagann?
- Will BEUSA be releasing more sub-only releases, other than Gurren-Lagann and Toward the Terra, in the future?

ADV:
- When can we expect KIBA?
- Will KIBA be released in singles or in a half-season/season-form?
JackCox

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
ANN's coverage of this upcoming weekend's Anime Central convention will start going live after the first industry panel.

Before then, I would like to give forum readers an opportunity to suggest questions our reporters may ask at each of the panels.

Currently, the four companies that will be holding panels at ACen 2008 are Funimation, Viz, Bandai Entertainment, and A.D. Vision/ADV.

This is *not* a thead for any discussion about the companies themselves, only for question suggestions. We also cannot guarantee that your question will be asked, just that we will try to ask it.

Thank you,

- Mikhail Koulikov
Events Manager
Anime News Network

I Have Two Important Questions!
Just One.

Bandai:
Please ask if we will see a dubbed version of Toward the Terra

Funimation:
Are you looking into releasing the 2nd and/or 3rd seasons of Hell Girl?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm not sure who to direct the following question to, but how did Chruncyroll's pay what you want / Gonzo deal work out in the end? Were they happy with the numbers they recieved, or was it a loss?

Maybe Funi since they've spoken for Gonzo or more than one occasion.

Also to all four: How are the recent econmic issues in the States effecting pricing? Are higher gas prices going to reflect in title prices at the store?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I would like to know if FUNimation has any interest in releasing the Kiddy Grade movies. I doubt they are, but it would be nice to have it confirmed either way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2