• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Episode of Bardock Spinoff Manga Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
kakoishii wrote:

That may be true, but I was always quite fond of that speech (cornballness aside, I am being nostalgic anyhow). It might not have been what Goku was meant to say, but I can' really fault them for tweaking his motivation on that. The hero angle is tried and true. Can't really say I cared for either angles though. Impossibly pure savior of the universe, or overgrown child who loves to fight at all costs? Not much for me to bite down on there

Goku would never say "I am the hope of the universe". Goku doesn't know what the universe is. We're talking about a guy who thought space was nighttime.

did you even read my post?
enurtsol wrote:

Nah, MAD TV isn't even one of their top budgeted shows. Ya guys need some perspective. Laughing

I was being facetious, but that isn't to say they have very much of quality to offer. Besides Young Justice I don't think I watch anything on CN anymore, and I don't even really watch that on CN I catch the comercialess streams after it airs.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 am Reply with quote
Sorry to disappoint, but if any of you think FUNi's going to license this, you're dead wrong. I wish they would license everything Dragon Ball, but since they didn't license the 2008 special, the 90s OVA, or the 2010 remake, then they sure as hell aren't licensing this. But to be fair, I don't think any of those, or this, are being made available outside of Japan (though an official Japanese release of the 2008 special did have English subtitles, as with the 2010 OVA on RB2). Bandai Namco has been very cheap lately. The recent DB video games use sound clips from old games (sometimes creating a case where two actors are used for a character throughout the game), and they didn't bother to let Okatron 5000 dub the 2010 remake of the 1993 OVA (which the fan base has been asking for an English dub for years).

@PenguinTruth Please accept that other people have a different opinion than you. You seem to stir up trouble any place where Dragon Ball is concerned. You could've avoided making whole posts laughing at other people's opinion. We don't need any of that here.
metalvegetax

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
If the Dragon Ball Force Project thing does extend to more anime, I would hope it expands on Goku's mother or seeing a super saiyan female. Work on things like that that they truly didn't touch upon very well.
not possible there is no such thing as a super saiyan female the witer of dbz even said only men can
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:39 pm Reply with quote
He didn't say only men can. He basically said he didn't want to draw female super saiyans was because he imagined it would be hard to do their hair right and Pan & especially Bulla wouldn't have the drive to train hard to do so. In one of those DB encyclopedia books, it said Pan had to potential to become one though. And I'm nowadays, especially with other writers doing the franchise these days, someone can do a female super saiyan. Closest we had I think were in DBZ video games.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4