• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ultimo

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:45 am Reply with quote
so i finally read the first chapter of this, and i have to say this was definitely not what you'd expect from Shounen Jump. the only way you can even tell it's a manga is cause it reads right to left. i mean this is the first time i've ever seen manga with narration boxes, and i found that to be an interesting touch. the main problem i have so far is it's WAY too over-the-top, but other than that i'd say there's potential here for this to be decent.

so here's the question: do you think hybrid projects like this will eventually lead to a convergence of the manga and comic industry?
Jump Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so i finally read the first chapter of this, and i have to say this was definitely not what you'd expect from Shounen Jump. the only way you can even tell it's a manga is cause it reads right to left. i mean this is the first time i've ever seen manga with narration boxes, and i found that to be an interesting touch. the main problem i have so far is it's WAY too over-the-top, but other than that i'd say there's potential here for this to be decent.

so here's the question: do you think hybrid projects like this will eventually lead to a convergence of the manga and comic industry?

By the way it is not from "Weekly Shonen Jump", it's from Jump SQ. I liked it! Very Happy It was interesting, I think they both can make a great manga. Way too over-the-top, yeah Rolling Eyes that's a definate. Just so you know, Karakuridoji Ultimo:0 was the pilot chapter, it's gonna be a whole series. I can't wait, I wanna list it on the Jump SQ. Wikipedia page, it just got a GA-rating. Razz I made it with Andrew Cunningham.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1