• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gurren Lagann to Sci-Fi?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
Chaos42 wrote:
You all do realize this is fake don't you. It pritty obvious since sci fi channels schedual only shows the current and the next months show listings and there are a lot of tba in the anime box so unless you have some amazing skills with computers im will to say that this is fake.-Not to mention startrek the next generation isn't shown on sci fi

did you even bother to read the front page? Rolling Eyes

and they always show Star Trek before Animonday, i don't know what you've been watching.
Chaos42

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quote
Actually i did and no its still fake-they only have enterprise they don't have any other the others currently showing-I've watch this channel for a long time they have shown the original series but not for several years and thats it thats why i say its fake also like i said the july schedual isn't even there yet its only may and june that are viewable, plus the july is the wrong typeface its a fake.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Chaos42 wrote:
Actually i did and no its still fake-they only have enterprise they don't have any other the others currently showing-I've watch this channel for a long time they have shown the original series but not for several years and thats it thats why i say its fake also like i said the july schedual isn't even there yet its only may and june that are viewable, plus the july is the wrong typeface its a fake.

1. They are starting to show TNG starting June 2. LINK

2. It isn't fake. You can get to other months by adjusting the date in the URL. However, it's a moot point now because the schedule has changed, and TTGL isn't listed any more. LINK

Go ahead and try it for yourself. Just change the bold part to whatever date you want.

scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=28-JUL-2008&feed_req=
MokonaModoki

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Chaos42 wrote:
You all do realize this is fake don't you. It pritty obvious since sci fi channels schedual only shows the current and the next months show listings and there are a lot of tba in the anime box so unless you have some amazing skills with computers im will to say that this is fake.-Not to mention startrek the next generation isn't shown on sci fi

Scifi.com's schedule online schedule only shows two months in the calendar control. The schedule itself goes back to March 1, 2004 and a month forward to July 31, 2008. Star Trek: The Next Generation starts on June 2, 2008, as can be seen even with a clicky-clicky of the mouse in the calendar control.

For July 28, we now have this: http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/index.php3?date=28-JUL-2008&feed_req=, which shows a single TBD instead of two Gurren Lagann, still followed by the single hour BLACKJACK which is NOT listed as the title of a movie as it is on July 21.

Since MetatronM actually saw the Gurren Lagann listing when he checked the link on Sunday, and since the color bars for each show after midnight shifted from the OP image when the table was edited to remove it, this strongly suggests that the orignal listing image wasn't a fake, it was just wrong (much like the statement "plus the july is the wrong typeface its a fake", which is just grasping).

My opinion: Sci-Fi had Gurren Lagann scheduled for broadcast starting in July, probably based on a deal for the ADV dub (which does exist), and now they don't. They probably just hadn't gotten around to removing it after the news that the license going to Bandai back in April (if they even knew), and haven't got anything else to fill the slot yet.

[EDIT: Maybe I should have checked the front page too.]

The one-hour Black Jack showing the week after the movie seems to suggest that they've picked up the CPM licensed OAV to show. This would be consistent with the notion that they are breaking out of their Manga Entertainment cage, which further supports the idea that they had Gurren Lagann (whether from ADV or not) and then lost it.

Last edited by MokonaModoki on Thu May 22, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
zhir

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I think the recent announcement proves that it was real, and a bit of a mistake on Sci-Fi's part.
Sloober

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Then why do they advertise their toilet-humor shows while Bleach/Death Note is running? I sure am not in that audience, and while there is some crossover I know many other people besides me hate it.

They likely can't advertise during the day due to constraints CN puts on it - in fact the only times you're really going to see AS commercials is during AS. As you can tell AS is more of a "mature" (...yeah, think of that how you want! Personally I only watch the saturday night stuff now a days) audience and commercials for 3/4 their stuff would be inappropriate during the pre-late night blocks. Personally i'd rather have seen gurren on AS just because the 3-commercial block sci fi does per show is bound to cut content out, while the one commercial AS usually does during a block does not.

But on the other hand i'm glad to see Sci fi (if this is true, anyways) looking at other series than their starz media stuff. I have not been particularly fond of most of their choices since animonday started, in fact the only one i really enjoyed was Noein (even with the cuts..) and the perfect blue movie. But i've enjoyed all of AS's anime choices quite a bit, although i'm not honestly a huge death note fan, it's good enough to get me to leave the channel on rather than off! I wish sci fi had actually gone to using tuesday night as well as monday. But that lasted an entire showing of ninja scroll!
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:27 am Reply with quote
i still don't think its real the major problem is that they would risk dvd sale if they did something thats not all out on dvd yet i think. after it was all out then maybe after all thats what they did with tokko and noein and karas they used them to plug the sets but if they dont' have the all out why show them. i think its unlikly
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:10 am Reply with quote
Chaos42 wrote:
i still don't think its real the major problem is that they would risk dvd sale if they did something thats not all out on dvd yet i think. after it was all out then maybe after all thats what they did with tokko and noein and karas they used them to plug the sets but if they don't' have the all out why show them. i think its unlikly

Yeah, becuase people don't buy DVDs when they can just see the stuff on TV, right? OH WAI-

Seriously, do you really think that all the people who've posted on this thread are just trying to trick you or something?
Chaos42

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:55 am Reply with quote
I dislike information that is false
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2