• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hai Fidelity - Ayumi Hamasaki: Guilty

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beruda

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:42 pm Reply with quote
chinabean wrote:
where you buy it from?! i want it too! i love the "M" and "powder snow" songgg

I downloaded it from US itunes, I didn't want to pay $35 for the import copy.

B.
RJ

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
This is the most cohesive album ever put out by Ayumi'. Yes it is darker and heavier than the rest but it is very much Ayumi in every aspect. I for one relished in the amazing emotion flowing with each verse and chord.
tasukidaisuki

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I think Ayus music has become pretty generic over the past few years - the last album of hers I really liked was Rainbow - since then, despite her success, everything sounds a little same-ish.

You could have also mentioned how an extended version of Mirror (Mirrorcle Word) was used as her 10th Anniversary single with Avex. It was one of the only three songs which I enjoyed from the album, the others being Together When and Untitlted ~for her~, which I may have became to emotionially involved in when reading about the death of Ayu's close friend, and that she was bursting into tears while recording her "talking 2 myself" lives.

Other than my ramblings, cracking review! It's nice to hear a professionally put together opinnion rather than other people's last.fm rantings, and I'm so happy you've branched out to J-Pop. Have to agree with those above though, you should definetly review Heart Station. And maybe some Hello Project! singles would be nice Razz Hmm... maybe thats only me Smile
Astura

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Pop by definition is generic. Ayumi's voice has always not been generic however.

I can see where tasu is coming from though, but I still appreciate her style.
tasukidaisuki

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:03 am Reply with quote
Don't get me wrong - I think she has a wonderful voice - her music just takes me a lot longer to get into these days, I suppose would be a better explanation. I seem to have the same problem with BoA and Koda Kumi Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2