• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FanimeCon 2008 - Bandai Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion would be released on August 5. There will be three variations sold concurrently: a bundle that will include nine episodes for US$29.98
Quote:
The 9-episode Code Geass bundle[...]as opposed to spending $39.98 for 9 episodes

I take it the second one is correct?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dr Grant Swinger

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Nine episodes on one DVD with two audio tracks? That's going to be a tight fit. I wonder if they're going to have to crank up the compression to get it all on there.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Dr Grant Swinger wrote:
Nine episodes on one DVD with two audio tracks? That's going to be a tight fit. I wonder if they're going to have to crank up the compression to get it all on there.

The report says "bundle," not "disk," so I'd assume they'll be distributed on two separate DVDs.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Regarding the Mai Otome Zwei releases: They are planning on releasing one episode per disc. That is not a mistake in reporting on that one. Mr. Napton clearly stated that the remaining "3 episodes" do not have a tentative release date, which leads me to believe that the first release will be 1 episode only, with extras, etc.

The episode count on the limited edition ($74.98) box will be 9 episodes over two DVDs. Two singles will be released aside from the limited edition box, covering episodes 1-5 and 6-9. They will not cram all 9 episodes onto one single disc. As for the extras on-disc, none were explicitly mentioned, and I don't want to risk venturing a guess at this time.

@Dargonxtc: yes, the $39.98 price is accurate. I will have Egan fix that when he gets back.

To clarify:
Single (5 episodes on vol. 1, 4 on vol. 2)- $24.98
Bundle (2 DVDs, 9 episodes, dual track, no extras)- $39.98
LE (2 DVDs, 9 episodes, dual track, manga, soundtrack, artbox)- $74.98

There ya go.

Thank you all for your patience. Anime smile
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:58 am Reply with quote
FanFicGuru wrote:
Regarding the Mai Otome Zwei releases: They are planning on releasing one episode per disc. That is not a mistake in reporting on that one.

BVUSA, that you? I thought you were dead, man!

I'm supried -- to say the least -- that this is truly how BEI plans to release Zwei. Fortunately, I haven't purchased Mai Otome yet, so I won't feel compelled to purchase the OVAs anyway.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
FanFicGuru wrote:
The episode count on the limited edition ($74.98) box will be 9 episodes over two DVDs. Two singles will be released aside from the limited edition box, covering episodes 1-5 and 6-9. They will not cram all 9 episodes onto one single disc. As for the extras on-disc, none were explicitly mentioned, and I don't want to risk venturing a guess at this time.

To clarify:
Single (5 episodes on vol. 1, 4 on vol. 2)- $24.98
Bundle (2 DVDs, 9 episodes, dual track, no extras)- $39.98
LE (2 DVDs, 9 episodes, dual track, manga, soundtrack, artbox)- $74.98

I hate to be difficult but I still have a couple of things my obsessive compulsive self would like cleared up.
- The singles will, or will not contain on-disc extras? Since there's normally a discount for buying a bundle over buying things individually, I don't think it would be totally unreasonable for the bundle to be the exact same discs as the singles for $10 off.
- If the singles do contain on-disc extras and are different from the bundle discs, which discs come with the box set? I'd be pretty disappointed to shell out for an expensive box set only to get the bundle discs and have to go rebuy the singles if I wanted the extras.
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quote
There's still been no announcement on the Silent Mobius films? They licensed that bad boy at least a year ago. I think they oughta get a move on with that one. Two films at an hour a piece can definitely be an easy release. They're starting to remind me of the ADV of old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quote
Why would the Geass releases be sub-only? The English dub obviously exists and has been airing on [as], so they should be able to put it on the DVDs.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Why would the Geass releases be sub-only? The English dub obviously exists and has been airing on [as], so they should be able to put it on the DVDs.

Does it say that the Geass releases are sub only? The boxes that they will be releasing will include the english subtitles as well as an english dub track. Unless someone else on here is saying the releases are sub-only.

The Gurren Lagaan releases in the summer are Sub-only. If I confused the two, let me know or inform Egan Loo to edit the problem.

The remaining panel reports are on the way. Since there wasn't anything else new announced over the course of the conventions/panels they are a bit slower coming out, but they should be up by the end of the day tomorrow.

@TJ_Kat: I cannot begin to speculate whether the singles will or will not have on-disc extras at this time. Mr. Napton stated that the singles are being released in order to preserve multiple methods of collecting, including those who might just want the first five episodes to see what it's like. I would assume, however, that any on-disc extras on the singles would undoubtedly be put on the Limited Edition box-set DVDs as well.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
FanFicGuru wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

Does it say that the Geass releases are sub only? The boxes that they will be releasing will include the english subtitles as well as an english dub track. Unless someone else on here is saying the releases are sub-only.
No, it doesn't say that, but before the article was updated, you and several others were back-and-forthing about the audio options on the initial Geass release.
FanFicGuru wrote:
The three different Code Geass releases all offer different advantages. First, there's the 9 episode bundle. The price is definitely an advantage, and whether or not it will be sub-only bare bones is unknown at this time.
I'm just saying there was no logical reason to think that the Geass "launch" DVDs would be sub-only when the English dub will certainly be available by the time they're released.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
FanFicGuru wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

No, it doesn't say that, but before the article was updated, you and several others were back-and-forthing about the audio options on the initial Geass release.
FanFicGuru wrote:
The three different Code Geass releases all offer different advantages. First, there's the 9 episode bundle. The price is definitely an advantage, and whether or not it will be sub-only bare bones is unknown at this time.
I'm just saying there was no logical reason to think that the Geass "launch" DVDs would be sub-only when the English dub will certainly be available by the time they're released.

Aha. I see what you mean.

I apologize for any confusion the initial stages of the panel report may have caused. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2