• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Dutch Anime News Network

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vergeten

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I would like to see a dutch Anime news network, i wanna here the opion of other people.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
^^;; I guess we don't really have a forum for this kind of thing, so I've just moved it to the Anime forum. Discuss away, I guess.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's ANN Australia. I don't see why a Dutch version wouldn't be possible.

The problem is, there would likely need to be a critical mass of Dutch-speaking fans in order to convince the ANN Administration to go through the trouble of setting it up. I'm still not convinced that ANN Australia is any good, despite the fact that I live in New Zealand (which is R4 like Ozzy). So, an ANN specifically for Dutch speakers wouldn't be worthwhile, especially considering that the number of Dutch speakers (24 million) is less than the combined population of New Zealand and Australia (25 million).

I really would like to see Anime fandom spreading and growing. To do that, quality forums are a big help. I can see people getting into Anime by way of imports or Fansubs. However, I know from personal experience that it is hard to keep up the enthusiasm if you have no-one to talk to about Anime.

Therefore, a Dutch ANN would be great, providing enough people want it. Otherwise, it would be a waste of time and effort. That's my view, anyway.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:58 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Therefore, a Dutch ANN would be great, providing enough people want it. Otherwise, it would be a waste of time and effort.

Agreed. According to Alexa, traffic from the Netherlands is quite busy: #15 of all countries (1.1%), with ANN ranking at #1116 on Dutch sites, yet I don't think those are enough to support a separate site either: unlike English websites, which can virtually accessed by anyone who has received English courses in schools, very few people outside the Netherlands can speak or use Dutch, and those who can (e.g. abunai) are usually capable to access the same information via other languages. Heck, I'm not even optimistic should there be an ANN.tw, even I'm certain that Taiwanese anime fans outnumber Dutch and Australian fans combined.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1