• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Says Yotsuba&!, Other Manga Are Still Coming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote
I don't believe anything ADV say anymore in regards to thier manga endevors.

This bit of PR was purely to avoid more of thier manga line geting picked up by companies who actualy know what the hell They are playing at.

More manga soon? Yeah, I'm also sure Sgt. Frog is done and ready to air on Toonami alongside mermaid melody. And then the four horsemen will ride the earth and despense Polybus arcade cabinets in thier wake.
AnimeCornerStore
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
i thought ADV manga division is permanently dead... it looked like they were on the last leg of life support but at least ADV is trying to catch up on both DVD and manga...

Hope springs eternal... especially from ADV's sales division. Wink

Bob (aka Robert)
The Anime Corner Store
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
Gunslinger Girl currently have 9 volumes out in Japan and is still on-going.

And since vol 6 is out that means with the eventual, hopefully, release of vol 7 we won't be that far behind. Nice to know. I had often worried there was many more volumes over there and we were missing a lot of them. Let's just hope this is the last time this happens. Delays and other mishaps have happened before with ADV's manga department.
reanimator

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:49 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I do enjoy Yotsuba, partially due to the manga and the author. Maybe this will mean a Yotsuba anime adaptation in the near future perhaps?

All Adv needs to is license the third season of Ah My Goddess, should one exist however.

It depends. Anime adaptation depends on popularity and length of the manga in Japan.
bleuster

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:37 am Reply with quote
Yotsuba deserves better than this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
More manga soon? Yeah, I'm also sure Sgt. Frog is done and ready to air on Toonami alongside mermaid melody. And then the four horsemen will ride the earth and despense Polybus arcade cabinets in thier wake.

Truth be told I have trouble believing anything from ADV until it's actually on the shelf. News coming from them just doesn't excite me anymore. Too bad because I still enjoy their releases, but this foggy image of their stability is still rather unsettling.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:54 am Reply with quote
I hope ADV is telling the truth. I really love Yotsuba& and pre-ordered it like many of the other posters. I know it's a tough time for industries in general, so I don't want to wag my finger at ADV, but it sure has been one heck of a ride these past few years with their manga titles.
Truered

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:15 am Reply with quote
This pleases me*. I have the first five volumes of Yotsuba, so I'd certainly be happy with it being released again.

(Not to mention the fact I have the first four volumes of GG, but have only read volume 1 so far)

*Has the potential to
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:23 am Reply with quote
If there's anything I've learned, "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."

They say they're focusing more on anime now, but has anyone heard anything new recently announced from them? I have a feeling they'll be outsourcing their studio talent to other companies soon, much like Sega. If they don't pick up the pace with everyone else, they're gonna be left behind soon.

Still, there are conventions coming up, so maybe we'll get a surprise at one of'em.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
And yet...still nothing on the status of Eidolon Shadow. Does ADV still even have the license to that manga anymore?
Celes

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quote
I have to say that this is why I will never buy an ADV manga unless it is already complete, I hear so much news about how they don't get around to publishing sequential volumes of a series and now I read this news and it kind of sounds like they're saying "We will when we get to it!"

Yotsuba&! was cute though, I read the first 2 volumes at the library and I can see why it has a such an appeal. I hope fans of the series get to read the rest of it quickly.
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
now can we officially kill Evangelion movie???

Amen, brother.

It seems to me that ADV is just clinging onto stuff they don't need and dropping stuff they do (ahem ahem piercing the heavens ahem). I hope they're able to make some money off of Yotsuba&, anyway. That would be nice.
Grico

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote
It would be nice for Yotsuba 6 to come out. Amazon had sent me a suprise email in Feb saying it was coming out in a few weeks and then almost immediately after that it was delayed indefinitely again. Now all we need is kino no tabi novel 2 to come out....
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I do enjoy Yotsuba, partially due to the manga and the author. Maybe this will mean a Yotsuba anime adaptation in the near future perhaps?

I don't see what in this newspost would imply that.

Disregarding that, I'd think an eventual Yotsuba anime would be rather likely. Wasn't Azumanga Daioh a big sucess in both print and animation? Isn't the Yotsuba manga also a big sucess?

I kinda think they'd wait until it's finished, though...the Azumanga anime adapted the entire series...but that won't be for a very long time if I'm right and Azuma intends to depict one year in Yotsuba's life. He's only done about three months so far!

There isn't any where that imply's that there will be an anime any time soon, but hopfully there will be an anime within the near future. I waited seven-eight years for Dragon Quest VII, so I am not in a big hurry for the anime.

Though this truly is good news for Adv.

reanimator wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

All Adv needs to is license the third season of Ah My Goddess, should one exist however.

It depends. Anime adaptation depends on popularity and length of the manga in Japan.

Quite true. Recently I just finished season two and was quite impressed. But truth be told, I am not sure if a third season exists. Popularity and amount of viewers determine all this though.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quote
i cant wait tell gunslinger girl vol7-9 come out
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3