• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Read or Die's Kurata, Sola's Abeno to Start New Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
Railroad girls may prove to be interesting, as long as the series isn't ecchi or creepy.

One shots are also usually interesting as well. Good news for anyone who is interested in Read or Die and Sola's Abeno though.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Railroad girls may prove to be interesting, as long as the series isn't ecchi or creepy.

Ha Ha! I get the joke! "Railroad" girls.......... Laughing

Last edited by enurtsol on Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
kokuryu

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice if they could print a manga consolidation like that here in the US for the same price point... They would probably charge $20 here in the US for the same thing... sucks....
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
i really enjoyed both read or die and sola...good news for me today if the quality of these new works is the same as the old
OtakuGoth

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm supriesed to hear about this. I hope the creater will do great! Smile
AkashicLibrarian

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote
Seems like Daioh is mutating and going more the way of it's discontinued sister mag GAO!.

Sample pages from some of the new series on the ASCII-MediaWorks site all have furigana, so I guess it'll likely be considered a shounen title from now on (not that there ever was too much ecchi or ultraviolent content previously)

The one thing I am concerned about is that the nice smooth off-white paper that Daioh is normally printed on will be replaced by the rougher multicolored stuff normally found in most thicker/larger shounen mags.
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:13 am Reply with quote
R.O.D. is a love-or-hate series . I like it. And I was lucky to catch it on G4 back in 2004. The T.V. series was awesome and the O.A.V. was pretty good despite the fact that contains alot of lesbian undertones. The manga was not as good as it should have been.
tenkado-shujin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
Yasu Fukuyama's manga adaptation of Yūsaku Igurashi's (soon to be animated) light novel Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and Short Summer Vacation by Yoshi-Wo.

Yasu Fukuyama

Was the ANN editor who wrote the article referring to Portopia or something?
According to the Dengeki Comics edition of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Puyon's another name is Miyama Yasuhiro.

Igurashi

Actually the novelist's name is Igarashi.
It seems that Anime News Network has called him Igurashi before.
At its Dengeki 15th Anniversary event in Tokyo this weekend, the publisher MediaWorks has announced that Yūsaku Igurashi's Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (Haruka Nogizaki's Secret) otaku romance comedy light novel will be adapted as both a drama CD and a television anime series in 2008. The adaptations were announced at the event's Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Stage show Sunday. Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu is Igurashi's debut work as a novelist, and he will publish a seventh volume on December 10.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-11-25/nogizaka-haruka-no-himitsu-manga-gets-drama-cd-anime

Pardon me, but the ANN editor has not heard of Igarashi Shinsai?

In the September issue, Read or Die author Hideyuki Kurata will start an unnamed manga (bottom right image) with artist Hanaharu Naruhiko.

Naruhiko

Actually the artist's name is Naruko.

So the ANN staffer who wrote the news article has not watched/read Naruko Yaruko?

Shigeyama Sengorō and Shigeyama Sennojō wrote:
あれ見させられい。田ごと田ごとに案山子などをこしらへ、山田に掛けし鳴子までがまたひとしほの眺めでござる。

He/she has not read works by Fujiwara no Toshinari, too?

Fujiwara no Toshinari wrote:
ますらをは鳴子も曳かず寢にけらし月に山田の庵は守らせて

By the way, speaking of Kōbe, which had a school that became Kwansei Gakuin University later, Kwansei Gakuin University has 日本文學日本語學專修, a course where students read Japanese literature, doesn't it, Mr Miller?

dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:26 am Reply with quote
According to Moon Phase Zakki, the new manga by Hideyuki Kurata and Hanaharu Naruko is named ノイジィ・ガール (Noisy Girl?).

Quote:
倉田英之×鳴子ハナハル「ノイジィ・ガール」が新連載。
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1