• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Glass Fleet DVD 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Ironically, I thought the middle episodes were some of the weakest in this series. Yet another Gonzo dud! I agree about the dub - if it weren't for it, I would have never made it through to the end! Thankfully, I rented and didn't waste my money on this.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote
For me the first two DVDs were just agonizing to go through, and then it got pretty good. And then the end was a let down. I wouldn't say it was a horrible ending by any strech, it just seems like they had so much to work with, but just choose the bland predictable way. All said, with its ho hum end, and its "throw stuff at the TV you can't breath in space assh0le!" inception, it was one of the biggest disappointments in the last year for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cardcaptor Usagi Doremi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:26 am Reply with quote
Wow - next time I need a thesaurus, I think I'll call Carl instead. Am I the only one who noticed the excess of scathing adjectives?

"Uninspired, cringe-inducing, moldy, pulled-from-the-ass, limp, clunky, preposterous, unappealing, brain-bludgeoning, insulting, redundant, unseemly, predictable......"

And that's not even all the adjectives in ONE paragraph. All I have to say is: PLEASE resist! Resist the pull of all of those descriptive words tugging at your brain! Maybe I only speak for myself, but it seems excessive and more than a little distracting from the point you're trying to get across.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1