• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magazine Posts Correction on Gundam Unicorn's Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
I really don't want it to be a TV series, because that means it'll fall victim to the same tropes that's befallen a lot of the late Gundam TV series, not to mention and a lower budget per episode
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Perhaps it's an OVA series? I would prefer it this way, since it'll have just the right amount of attention for it to succeed. A movie format probably won't give the story any room to breathe, unless they plan to do a series of movies. There are eight volumes of the novel thus far, I don't want another Gundam F91 on our hands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Perhaps it's an OVA series? I would prefer it this way, since it'll have just the right amount of attention for it to succeed. A movie format probably won't give the story any room to breathe, unless they plan to do a series of movies. There are eight volumes of the novel thus far, I don't want another Gundam F91 on our hands.

I think we all don't want another F91, the decent thing about it is that it introduced us to the superior Crossbone. An OVA or hell a ONA would be acceptable especially given the content of the novel themselves.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
I just want to clear up, actually, that I actually rather liked Gundam F91, but because it was compressed so much when it had been intended to be a full series, it wasn't as full as it could have been, and I'd hate to see Unicorn fall into that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
therealssjlink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:54 am Reply with quote
Gundam UNICORN

Right....
kgw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:55 am Reply with quote
I am afraid Gunfam Unicorn would become a OVA/ONA a la "Igloo", or something similar. I don't think it'd be a movie, since it's too expensive.

What I miss more about F91 is that everything was left in the air (Cosmo Babilonia, Zabine "don't call me Char" Chareux,...). It said "this is just the beginning" but it was the end, too.

As for Crossbone Gundam.. Sorry, I never liked pirates, and Gundam Pirate, and the rest of the MS seemed rejects from G. Besides, the artwork was childish to its best.
Deacon Blues

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote
If this screenshot is any indication, it's going to be a series or OVA at least.
Dr.G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:02 am Reply with quote
I'm not digging the mech designes this is supposed to be a UC series and they look like ass.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:27 am Reply with quote
Dr.G wrote:
I'm not digging the mech designes this is supposed to be a UC series and they look like ass.

I dunno, UC has more than its share of "gems," so Unicorn isn't unique in that regard. I don't think anything this title pops out could be worse than the "soft plastic, rounced edges Playskool toy" design philosophy that went into everything in Victory Gundam.

Anyway, I never read much into corrections like this. I mean, if I recall correctly, they made a similar slip-up with Code Geass R2, keeping super-secret about its format until "accidentally" letting it slip that it'd be a TV series. Then they "corrected" themselves just like they did here, only to confirm a week or two later that, yeah, it was a TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:14 am Reply with quote
Dr.G wrote:

I hope you're not referring to the MSN-06S Sinanju. That thing looks amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1