• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy concert sold out

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
great. Very Happy I think a sold out concert will draw attention to others to sponser future VG music concerts.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Why do I have the feeling the majority of the tickets were from
FF cosplayers and fanfiction writers?
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote
This is part of some Expo anyway...Electronic Entertainment Expo? If this concert were part of the symphony's normal repertoire, the thought of of hundreds of FF cosplayers amassing at a Los Angeles Philharmonic concert would be...
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Regardless, vg music can be quite beautiful when orchestrated. Especially Final Fantasy. No matter how cleché the series can get, the music never ceases to amaze me (excluding FF X-2 >< ).

I say yay. =D
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
anywords of a cd release?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
jcflip80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:32 am Reply with quote
I agree with Gatsu, which also makes me very afraid....I purchased 2 tickets (which were damn expensive at 85 bucks each!) and am going to take a girl to it who I am pretty attracted to. I think it might turn her off to see a bunch of freaks and geeks at an otherwise wonderful event. I am a huge fan of Nubuo Uematsu and all Final Fantasy OST's, but I'm not one of those crazy fans, I just like listening to the music since it's very relaxing. I emailed the people at the orchestra hall where the event is being held, and they said there is no dress code to there knowledge since it is a leased event, normally it would be business casual. Hopefully people don't show up in costumes and ruin my night, especially on a day I just got off work and just spent a crap load of time in traffic to get the concert hall on time and on a day where I plan to use the music for my own plans of conquest after the concert is over Wink
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:58 am Reply with quote
jc: $85?! You know you'll probably have to pay extra for horrible parking too, right? Unless she's ok with taking the Red Line...Anyway, costumes are the least of your concerns. What you should really be worried about is some otaku in the audience will yell something stupid, like, "Yo, Uematsu! Play somadat fly Moonlight Sonata shiat, b*tch!"
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quote
I would think that since it's going to be in what I assume is a high class muisc hall that they'd have some kind of dress code restrictions, but then again, since it is part of a convention, they may be looking the other way for this... but it wouldn't be the first thing I went to at a convention with a dress code.

If someone annoying in the audience popped up yelling somehting like what GATSU mentioned ... oi. I dunno... I get the impression that if someone paid that much for a ticket, they're an avid fan of the music and just want to hear it... and are ... serious?

Maybe they'll have security just in case people like that show up. Very Happy

*gets bug eyed at how gorgeous the place is from the pictures on the website* Anime cry I wish so badly that I could go.
jtnishi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't think it's really correct to characterize E3 as "some convention". It's probably the largest video game trade show of the year in the U.S., so it's not just some convention. Granted, a number of the people who are likely to be there will be simply crazy fans who have no idea how to act during a classical music concert. However, I'm willing to bet against that number being very large. If most of the attendees to the concert were the same people who typically attend E3, I'd actually bet the concert would go fairly smoothly.

This is still the Los Angeles Philharmonic & Master Chorale we're talking about. And even if there isn't a strong dress code, you can probably rest assured there is a code of conduct for concerts like this.

Or maybe I'm just hoping for the best a bit too much. It'd really piss me off to pay for 4 $120 tickets only to have the concert ruined by idiots. But I think things will go well.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Having fans and cosplayers go wouldn't really bother me. I don't know if convention related events have certan rules or whatever, but for a formal orchestral conert, I'm sure there'd be some kind of dress code and/or rules.

It's been a while since I've gone to a live orchestral performance. The last one I went to was when my high school choir and I went to Carnegie Hall and sang Mozart's "Coronation Mass." After we sang, we got to sit the rest of the time and listen to "Carmina Burana" and some other stuff.
jcflip80

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it won't be so bad, but if someone does yell something out, I'll remember to pay that person a visit after the concert is over Twisted Evil . Concerning the music hall itself, it is really really high class. It cost over 274 million to build and the acoustics of the hall is top notch (designed by a tokyo company, Nagata Acoustics) and it is really beautifully designed. Just by the setting, I'm sure people will have enough sense to act properly. Oh, it really isn't part of E3, but I'm sure whoever leased this event is part of E3. And to elaborate, E3 isn't just about video games, it's about anything that deals with electronics, but video games is the main part of it. Oh and to jtnishi: kudos to you buying those expensive tickets, I was going to do that but I don't think my date, or any girl for that matter, is worth that much. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1