• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Navarre Announces Financial Results for 2007-2008

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TornadoTatsumaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
TornadoTatsumaki wrote:
..., but i'm still pissed at Gonzo for thier strict anti-piracy policies.

Yes, be upset with Gonzo for wanting to protect their properties and not having a stance that is supportive of illegal actions. Makes perfect sense.
Dude I ment thier restrictions of recording thier programs on TV. DVR is NOT piracy!
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:57 am Reply with quote
but the other reason of the success is the crackdown on fansubs and illegal site downloads and cracking down on sharesites like youtube and veoh and some torrent sites.Don't you agree?

Now if crunchy roll goes bellyhop and these share video sites like youtube,and illegal torrent sites does down under,it(the industry in general) might have a chance to recover if the US economy don't go into a recession.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:38 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
but the other reason of the success is the crackdown on fansubs and illegal site downloads and cracking down on sharesites like youtube and veoh and some torrent sites.Don't you agree?

Now if crunchy roll goes bellyhop and these share video sites like youtube,and illegal torrent sites does down under,it(the industry in general) might have a chance to recover if the US economy don't go into a recession.

What crackdown? Youtube, veoh, torrent sites? I haven't noticed any crackdown... What are you talking about?

And yeah, sure, anime is going to cause youtube (now owned by Google) to go bankrupt... yeah right.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3