• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka Game to Get TV Anime in Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds like an excellent cast.
I'll look foward to it! =)
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Will there be another nice boat? Laughing
Ranma824

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:00 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Will there be another nice boat? Laughing

Seriously, need conformation of any endings like that in the game. 'Cause if they're going to use another "nice boat" ending, I'm totally skipping the show.

If School Days ever gets licensed for R1, it'll be my first show I won't buy because of fansubs.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quote
The nice boat was awesome.......it was a trainwreck of Sunrise proportions
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
The nice boat was awesome.......it was a trainwreck of Sunrise proportions

Errr....no. Even Gundam Seed Destiny, like pretty much the only trainwreck by Sunrise wasn't that bad. Gonzo is pretty much the low standard now.
Siegel Clyne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:23 am Reply with quote
Since the star studded cast for the Sony PlayStation 2 game version was announced over four months ago, I had been expecting an announcement of an Akaneiro ni Somarusaka anime to be made.

See my posts on this forum from around that time: Trend for Anime Adaptations of Ero-Games Continues; and...

Re: Trend for Anime Adaptations of Ero-Games Continues

Siegel Clyne wrote:
No anime version has been announced yet.

Because feng/GoodNavigate apparently made the effort to assemble an all-star seiyuu cast for the PS2 game, a number of fans in Japan believe that Akaneiro ni Somarusaka Parallel will be made into an anime, featuring the same seven voice actresses playing the same seven heroines.

And they were right.

Since I wrote those posts over four months ago, they have added four more characters and their voice actors to the game, slated to go on sale Thursday, July 31, 2008 in Japan.

Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka Parallel PS2 Game Cast

Jun'ichi Nagase

Yuuhi Katagiri CV: Rie Kugimiya (Shana in Shakugan no Shana; Nagi Sanzenin in Hayate no Gotoku! {Hayate the Combat Butler}; Nena Trinity in Mobile Suit Gundam 00)

Minato Nagase CV: Aya Hirano (Haruhi Suzumiya in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya}; Konata Izumi in Lucky Star; Chizuko Minamo {Chiko} in Nijuu Mensou no Musume)

Tsukasa Kiryuu CV: Marina Inoue (Yoko Ritona in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann; Kana Minami in Minami-ke; Iku Kasahara in Toshokan Sensou {Library War})

Nagomi Shiraishi CV: Ryou Hirohashi (Sora Naegino in Kaleido Star; Kyou Fujibayashi in CLANNAD; Tamaki Kawazoe in BAMBOO BLADE)

Mitsuki Shiina CV: Rie Tanaka (Lacus Clyne in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED; Chii {Chi} in Chobits; Suigintou in Rozen Maiden)

Mikoto Tachibana CV: Erino Hazuki (Akari Mizunashi in ARIA; Kluke in BLUE DRAGON; Uzura in Princess Tutu)

Parallel original heroine Karen Ayanokouji CV: Emiri Katou (Kagami Hiiragi in Lucky Star; Sakuya Kamiyama in Candy Boy; Ran Isozaki in Telepathy Shoujo Ran {The Telepathy Girl Ran})

Aya Nijou CV: Kaori Fukuhara (Tsukasa Hiiragi in Lucky Star; Lam Hoa in Macross Frontier; Nanami Minami in Yotsunoha)

Fuyuhiko Nishino CV: Akira Ishida (Athrun Zala in Mobile Suit Gundam SEED; Kaworu Nagisa in Neon Genesis Evangelion; Gaara of the Desert in NARUTO)

Seijirou Sugishita CV: Rikiya Koyama (Juubei Kibagami in Ninja Scroll; Hakuoro in Utawarerumono; Hideo Kuze in Ghost in the Shell: STAND ALONE COMPLEX)

Sai Fujimiya CV: Yuu Kobayashi (Setsuna Sakurazaki in Mahou Sensei Negima! {Negima!}; Chitose Tateyama in Buso Renkin; Nice Holystone in Baccano!)

Only Yuuhi Katagiri (CV: Rie Kugimiya), Minato Nagase (CV: Aya Hirano), Tsukasa Kiryuu (CV: Marina Inoue), Nagomi Shiraishi (CV: Ryou Hirohashi), Mitsuki Shiina (CV: Rie Tanaka), and Mikoto Tachibana (CV: Erino Hazuki) have been confirmed so far in the cast for the Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka television anime series.

The rest of the announced PS2 game voice actors (seiyuu), more or less, will probably reprise their roles in the TV anime.

It would be interesting to see if Karen Ayanokouji (CV: Emiri Katou) - an original character created for the PS2 game; she does not exist in the earlier PC eroge (ero-game), which has a totally different voice acting cast - makes it over to the TV animated show. As Yuuhi's rival, she likely will.

Who will play Jun'ichi Nagase, the protagonist in the games, in the TV anime has not been announced yet.
Takeyo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote
For me (like some others here), the most pressing question is whether or not the game on which this show will be based went to down the same path as School Days. I have a pretty strong stomach and I still felt traumatized after watching that series. I need more information before I'll even consider exposing myself to another show based on eroge from that company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1