• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Tower of Druaga: the Sword of URUK Anime in 2009

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renzoae86

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote
this anime is pretty nice but the next season will only start next year, crap!
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote
In the end, the Aegis of Uruk did not turn out to be a great anime, but it certainly did end up being very good one (hence the rating I gave it here on ANN). That said, I can't wait for the Sword of Uruk. Hopefully we won't have to wait until July 2009. That would just suck, given the events of the Aegis finale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ligene

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

For me, the first episode was what made me decide not to continue watching this series. Honestly, I think this series was even worse than Hayate the Combat Butler.

Same here.

It's annoying when the first episode is a parody. I don't mind them in general, but the first? Seriously.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quote
Cool, this was a really fun series and more would be great (although up through ep 11 the series really seemed rather finite, so I wonder what 12 brings).

What I'd really love to see though is an actual game based on the new series, something similar in gameplay to .Hack, perhaps.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:10 am Reply with quote
I thought Aegis of Uruk was awesome. The first ep had a different feel, but there were plenty of cute/funny episodes later on too. Also the serious moments were pretty good too.

And Hayate the Combat Butler being 'agreed upon' to be bad? Give me a freakin' break dude. I thought it was very well made and one of the better shows of the past year.
rg4619

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
What I'd really love to see though is an actual game based on the new series, something similar in gameplay to .Hack, perhaps.

There's a MMORPG project (developed by Tetsuya Mizuguchi's Q Entertainment) in the works. This was created as a cross media venture, although I'm surprised that we haven't heard much about the game.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:56 am Reply with quote
I loved this anime, a lot better than Blassreiter. No, its not a classic, but it was novel enough to be very interesting. Plus, Iove the opener for is anachronistic take.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
evozcom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:33 pm Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/user/TTODruagaAE NEW Info: Trailer and now new eps on Jan 1 09 is what the trailer is saying.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Will it also be on youtube? I don't know, I've been giving Crunchyroll a shot. I know people have hates for the site, but they're basically criminals going legit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2