• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yamato Creator to Post Original Manga on WiiWare

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quote
Why not just give us a Wii Yamato/Harlock game? Wink
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:55 am Reply with quote
I always thought that Yoshinobu Nishizaki was the original creator of Yamato and Matsumoto was brought on later during the conceptual art phase. I think Nishizaki owns the rights to the franchise and recall that there were some legal disputes.

I believe Matsumoto didn't even work on the more recent Yamato 2520 which was helmed by Nishizaki. I also don't think that Yamato takes place in the Harlcok/Maetel/Zero universe.
Lowlife187

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quote
One of the Gods of the anime and manga industry! Hope they make an English translation soon. And I would love a Harlock or Yamato video game Very Happy You could use the Wii remote to aim Harlock's gun and slash it around, that would be fun.
reversethief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Please please please let us get an English translation!! Straight to my Wii please!
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Randall Miyashiro wrote:

I believe Matsumoto didn't even work on the more recent Yamato 2520 which was helmed by Nishizaki. I also don't think that Yamato takes place in the Harlcok/Maetel/Zero universe.

I definitely remember a full two-page spread in the GE999 manga with the Yamato showing up for no good reason. Of course, basically a self-indulgent cameo, but hey, he's the creator, he gets to do stuff like that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sariachan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Manga on WiiWare?! I didn't expected that, but I won't complain for sure! Surprised

I just hope they'll release it outside of Japan, too...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1