• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BOST TV to Post Strike Witches Anime in English

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funkapotamus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote
This show seems to have taken the objectification of women to the next level...by just merging women with objects.
MageofFire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
So is BOST subbing or dubbing this?
triangle_man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Nothing else Bost has done is dubbed, so I'd have to assume it will be subtitled.
melonbread

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. Strike Witches seems to be big budget.

I'm still not interested until they do physical media distribution simultaneously, though.

There just isn't the bandwith in these streamings... so fuzzy, and I want to own it on DVD anyway - for the improved animation as well.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:33 pm Reply with quote
funkapotamus wrote:
This show seems to have taken the objectification of women to the next level...by just merging women with objects.

Welcome to all anime ever.

Though I'm happy that there's more free anime on the horizon, giving no room for anyone to complain about anything. Especially people trying to force others to buy dvds.
domino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quote
It's great news that they're giving legal English subtitle options for brand new anime, but seems like kind of a blunder to put the subtitle option on a show aimed at a niche audience that Japanese viewers prefer (the crowd that's into watching little girls do cute things; this show is giving off lolicon vibes). Though I guess there will be viewers for it out there.
vipron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
There just isn't the bandwith in these streamings... so fuzzy, and I want to own it on DVD anyway - for the improved animation as well.

You know if you add "&fmt=18" at the end of a youtube address, it gives you a better quality video and audio. Just try it on Tower of Druaga episode 1 on youtube.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:40 am Reply with quote
This is a good sign. There really isn't a need for companies like ADV and everyone else. The US anime market can handle product direct from Japan. I think its past the point where you need a middle man to work a jpn product in the US. They should actually have a US office that handles US distribution and sales.

I feel like them subbing the anime themselves and releasing it themselves is a good move towards that.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:06 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
This is a good sign. There really isn't a need for companies like ADV and everyone else. The US anime market can handle product direct from Japan. I think its past the point where you need a middle man to work a jpn product in the US. They should actually have a US office that handles US distribution and sales.

There is for those of us who prefer our anime dubbed, thank you very much. Unless a Japanese production company would show interest in directly dealing with American voice studios, I don't see how eliminating American licensors would cause anything but pain for me personally.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1