• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rosario + Vampire Capu2 Anime's Promo Movie Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Looks like more of the same from the first season.

Since I was disappointed with how pretty much everything deviated from the manga source in the first series, I'll stay away from Capu2.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
i like to see the first season in english dub
Shin ATproof

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why people got all butthurt over the first season when it came to fanservice. Its a shonen harem-romance series, more fanservice than what is shown in the Manga should have been welcomed by more people.
Roguespider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Shin ATproof wrote:
I don't understand why people got all butthurt over the first season when it came to fanservice. Its a shonen harem-romance series, more fanservice than what is shown in the Manga should have been welcomed by more people.

I'm usually all for fanservice (I'm a huge fan of Bastard), however R+V just has too much, and worse yet they pretty much traded the fanservice for plot. Much of the good story in the manga was cut out of the anime. It took them the entire first series to get to Volume 3 of the manga.

And I'll be honest I now hold almost no hope for Capu 2. There are 7 more volumes of the 1st manga series to go through yet it looks like they're throwing it by the wayside and jumping right into the 2nd manga series (the smaller red-haired girl is from season 2). They're totally throwing the Outcast Ayashi and Anti-Thesis arc out the window.

I hope the sliver of hope I have left for Capu 2 isn't crushed in the first episode.
omnistry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Roguespider wrote:
Shin ATproof wrote:

I'm usually all for fanservice (I'm a huge fan of Bastard), however R+V just has too much, and worse yet they pretty much traded the fanservice for plot.

Agreed. The series was just total bollocks. On my radio show this series was #2 on my list of shows to Avoid At All Costs (beaten just barely by "Moetan"). Gonzo should've put the money they used for R+V to good use (like, IDK, the Hellsing OVA and the new "Afro Samurai" season)!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1