• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Expo 2008 - Funimation Entertainment

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quote
I am VERY happy about FUNimation saving Geneon titles! I can finally get my hands on Shounen Onmyouji!! If only they'd tell us when they'd be out! Very Happy

Also, FUNimation lost the license to Kodocha's 2nd season. They're not releasing it anymore.
trandraskell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
NimbusRain wrote:
I was hoping to hear something about Kodocha. They've only dubbed Season 1, and have said nothing about doing the second season. Sad

I had heard that they kind only got the first season and it did not do to well for them so they really did not go after the second season. I could be wrong but that what I had understood.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quote
On the subject of Kodocha, FUNi said that they're trying to find a way to release the rest of it, because they don't like to drop series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ac!d_pan7s

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:

Hi-Chan wrote:
I am very happy to hear they are going to continue with singles of the Geneon titles they acquired.Now i will be able to finish When They Cry;without having to buy the first three discs again in a collection.

Does anyone know if they are going to charge the usual Funi prices for these titles or the old Geneon price.
I hope the new super cheap Funi prices. Geneon may have been high quality, but their prices were a little too high.

personally i prefer quality over saving a few extra bucks
Clodus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
sanosuke32 wrote:
Clodus wrote:
Darn I was hopin to hear some news about claymore being released later this year but I guess its too early.

On their website a while ago, it said Fall, I think it was September but can't be sure, that was quite a while ago though.

I knew I wasn't crazy. thanks, I thought I read about it being near fall but thought it was wishful thinking
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Clodus wrote:
sanosuke32 wrote:
Clodus wrote:
Darn I was hopin to hear some news about claymore being released later this year but I guess its too early.

On their website a while ago, it said Fall, I think it was September but can't be sure, that was quite a while ago though.

I knew I wasn't crazy. thanks, I thought I read about it being near fall but thought it was wishful thinking

The fact that they apparently didn't say anything about it in this panel is worrying, however (especially given that they've made release announcements about several titles they've acquired since then), and there's currently no info on their Web site about it that I can find.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shousetsuka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Happy happy happy about Big Windup! Ookiku Furikabutte is really underrated, so I hope Funi does a good job on it so more people will come to know about it. I've liked it ever since I saw it on TV in Japan.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:44 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:

The fact that they apparently didn't say anything about it in this panel is worrying, however (especially given that they've made release announcements about several titles they've acquired since then), and there's currently no info on their Web site about it that I can find.

Here you go.

It took a year to get any real info on Ouran and Darker than Black, and we still don't know when Negima!? and Jyu Oh Sei are coming. All of those were licensed last year, at least some (like Ouran) at the previous AnimeExpo, a full year ago. Don't worry, this is sadly common for Funi these days, it doesn't mean its not coming out or there is anything to worry about.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
Not quite what everybody is talking about but I am glad that Funimation has done the anime community a favor and picked these incomplete missing titles. The main series I was after was Hellsing Ultimate, and now I'll be able to get the rest of it. I wonder though if they'll be releasing the earlier volumes as well.
Clodus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:27 am Reply with quote
From funi site wrote:
FUNimation Entertainment will release the first volume and starter set of the Claymore anime series in fall 2008.
Source. Yeah the news was on February 18th so its no wonder some of our memories are fuzzy. I hope they are gonna keep to the set date considering how high profile the series is. It seems to be put on priority and will be finished alot quicker compared to others but still its kinda surprising there wasn't any information about it at Anime Expo.
Dachande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
So are the Geneon titles gonna be picked up where they were left off or is Funi gonna release them from the beginging?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
Dachande wrote:
So are the Geneon titles gonna be picked up where they were left off or is Funi gonna release them from the beginging?

Both. They will re-release the existing volumes and start the new volumes at about (or exactly) the same time. Mostly. Rozen Maiden's first season is getting a set but Traumend has not been solicited yet.
NimbusRain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
On the subject of Kodocha, FUNi said that they're trying to find a way to release the rest of it, because they don't like to drop series.

Well it's good to hear that they're at least trying to do something about it. It may not have sold very well, but it's really a great series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2