• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CMX Manga Licenses Ken Saito's The Name of the Flower

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:05 am Reply with quote
This sounds like a really interesting story. Even if it is a bit obvious what will likely happen (hence this relative being a distant one, how convenient). Then again, you can say that much about most shojo, good or bad.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
This sounds like a really interesting story. Even if it is a bit obvious what will likely happen (hence this relative being a distant one, how convenient). Then again, you can say that much about most shojo, good or bad.

Too true, but also a fair analysis. I hope it turns out to be on the better end of the scale, 'cause it's certainly given me the promise of potential.
lys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quote
From what I've seen of the beginning of this series, the story is handled really well. It evokes a nice "mood" and an interesting perspective on one of those silly shoujo-manga clichés that makes it worth reading even if the inevitable outcome is obvious from the first page.
shoujogirl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Who's Ken Saito? I've never heard of him/her...
lys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Saitou Ken is somewhat new as a mangaka (debuted in LaLaDX in 2004). I don't think s/he has had any big hits so far; perhaps this will be the first! There's a bit more info on Hana no Namae and some other works here: http://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=1025
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1