• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Death Note - L Nendoroid Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Speaking of the Santa Light version, I think I've seen Reindeer L too.

EDIT: Thought so, http://www.statuetoys.com/death-note-l-reindeer-nendroid-figure.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quote
miji wrote:
I never tried standing L up (always in the chair cause it's cute), I would assume that he would as big of a pain in the butt as Light standing up. Light's head is so big that he topples over very easily and can be a pain when you have 2 rambunctious dogs playing.

...That Light figurine reminds me of this rather silly parody. At least this guy has a body capable of supporting his head. Even if it is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote
Now if only they'd make nendoroids of Mello, Near, and (even though it's unlikely) Matt, I'd be overjoyed. Anime hyper
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:25 am Reply with quote
That last photo of L's face fits it so well

"Ah, I fell over again."
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Wait, wut? MISA'S the hard one to find?
Because last year, my younger sister looked all over the internet to buy this adorable L for my birthday, only to find it sold out/discontinued everywhere. She had to settle for getting me the Reindeer L instead. While still flippin' adorable, he sadly doesnt have changeable faces.

But you are right...his head really could be a lethal weapon xD
Also the one face Reindeer L has is rather indignant one. Scared the willies out of me when I looked up over my laptop screen to see him lying there glaring at me. xD
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
It's fun to get them all together and mix the heads and bodies around:

The legs can be switched, too Wink

Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:20 pm Reply with quote
sailorspazz wrote:
The legs can be switched, too Wink

I can't stand SD characters Evil or Very Mad but that pic is too funny.
alouzon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Wait, wut? MISA'S the hard one to find?
Because last year, my younger sister looked all over the internet to buy this adorable L for my birthday, only to find it sold out/discontinued everywhere. She had to settle for getting me the Reindeer L instead. While still flippin' adorable, he sadly doesnt have changeable faces.

But you are right...his head really could be a lethal weapon xD
Also the one face Reindeer L has is rather indignant one. Scared the willies out of me when I looked up over my laptop screen to see him lying there glaring at me. xD

That's odd his not having a changeable face. I have the reindeer L and Santa Light and they both come with one extra face. Which is good really because one of Light's is odd to say the least.
I also have the regular L and want to get the rest which is easier now they've been re-released. Except for Misa of course.

Looking on Ebay for them is a good suggestion but you have to be really careful of the bootlegs getting around and there's a lot of them. You can find heaps for $5 or less on there. I've seen a lot of people proudly displaying their photos of their shiny L with the bad eyes and chipped or lumpy paint with no clue what they have isn't the real thing. There's bootlegs of all of them. If you search Ebay be careful where you buy from and cheap isn't always the bargain you think it is.
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
This L figurine is the cutest thing ever. Very Happy
I wonder if they have those action figures at AnimeCastle [the store] in Flushing. =/

Nice pics by the way guys. Haha everthing's so adorable.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Oh they're sooo CUTE!!!! Very Happy

$45 that's a lot, but 12" at that thickness is pretty big. I really like the 'L' one. I wouldn't mind having that one. Do the figures come packaged with all those adjustable parts? Or are they different types of the same character?

I really enjoyed the manga. Man! Really good stuff. That's another anime series I'll have to add to my collection. Surprised
RobbieKun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I bought this off of eBay a while back for about $20sumthing, and it's easily one of my favorite figures sitting on my shelf. He's just made for photo fun. ^__^ I just need to pick up the Raito and Misa to complete the trio. Smile

I have a photo album excusively for my Nendoroid L in my MySpace Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2