• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bones Studio Addresses Allegedly Leaked Document

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote
With the ending Darker than BLACK had, I'm itching for a sequel.
Crystal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually with everyone. Rather than being a direct sequel, I'd prefer more of an alternate adaptation/continuation (from the early episodes) that follows the manga more. So we could see Ling Yao, Mei Chan, "Father", and the manga's version of Pride. I actually hope they'd use the same voice cast as the first series, 'cause the voice actress who would play Pride is one I REALLY like. Anime smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I wish them luck in trying to find the responsible party for their predicament. On the other part, I don't feel it is necessary to make another part to FMA, nor have I been expecting one, not after four years.
Prinnydood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
While I prefer a few aspects of the FMA manga over the anime (for example, King Bradley is much more interesting in the manga) I don't need to see the divergent storyline animated, and doubt it ever will be.

How is this fake document a defamation issue? Was the "letter-based classification system" a rating of the relative skills and abilities of the staffers?
rg4619

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How is this fake document a defamation issue? Was the "letter-based classification system" a rating of the relative skills and abilities of the staffers?

Correct. There were also some unflattering comments about individuals, as well as insinuations of extra-marital affairs between specific employees (some married woman was specified, and her husband was actually away at Anime Expo when the document was posted).

Needless to say, the attack was very malicious, and the morale at Bones is understandably low.

Last edited by rg4619 on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Please, no more FMA. I dread seeing where they'd take the anime 'verse after that train wreck of a movie. Unless of course it's a shorter series about what was going on in the alchemy world between the series and the movie, or better yet something entirely devoted to backstory.

Of course, no matter what it is, I'll just end up watching it anyway...Anyway, I hope Bones finds out who's responsible for this; that's a pretty awful thing for someone to do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CakeStealer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing this 2 days ago...

I'm sorta half and half, atleast for Fullmetal Alchemist. While it is one of my favorite series of all time, they pretty up wrapped up the show for me, and I'm happy with the anime ending. If they were to make a sequel, there would be no doubt that I would not accept anything except a direct manga adaption. While it'd be nice if they did that, I sorta like having a difference between the TV version and manga.

While the fanbase for FMA would be revived once more, it sure would cause alot of problems telling apart the oringinal series and an adaption.

Weather it happens or not, I'm sure either way will be fine. BONES would hopefully know what they are doing.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I hope that there won't be a sequel to FMA. That's one series that DOESN'T need a sequel; I thought the movie ended the series and answered the questions left unanswered by the series pretty well.

Even if it follows the manga, I still don't think it needs a sequel; FMA is fine on it's own.
tidusora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I'll be the unique one here.
I actually wouldn't mind a Full Metal Alchemist sequel.
Who knows? It might actually be good.
You never know until it comes out.

I haven't seen Darker Than Black, however.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
A direct FMA manga adaptation would be the best thing ever!
They could use the already made series a little, too, to save time/money... like a remake, but true to the original this time! Very Happy

on the contrary, i actually think the manga is worse than the anime. granted there are more characters, but Arakawa does almost nothing with them. Hohenheim's back story in particular, was absolutely pathetic. she can draw a great action scene, but her writing leaves a lot to be desired. i will admit i liked how spoiler[ Ed loses some of his life force when he heals himself with alchemy.]

i definitely believe there will be Darker than Black 2. it just makes too much sense.
puffy_flower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Well...to be perfectly honest...I'd sprint to the store to buy a sequel to FMA.
They'd just have to keep everyone in character, throw in a decent amount of humor/suspense, and I'd stay hooked. Whether it was a sequel to the movie or an adaption of the manga. V_V
The only thing that would bug me is that one of the things I liked about it was how it didn't drag on... Confused
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
There's no reason whatsoever for more Fullmetal Alchemist anime. I loved the series, and somewhat enjoyed the movie, but that's it, the story's over already. I would be disappointed to see that they dragged it out even further. Even if it was sort of a "FMA Ultimate" where they follow the manga more closely, it's still too much. The FMA anime wasn't like the Hellsing one, which derivated far too much and made a mockery of the source material. In fact, in a lot of ways, the FMA television series is an improvement on an often meadering narrative present in the manga.

I have to agree with you. Doing a more accurate manga adaptation of FMA wouldn't serve it well at all. It's been working quite well for Hellsing, but the people behind the FMA series came up with a brilliant alternative to the manga.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Direct FMA manga adaptation = BEST THING EVAR.
Nomeru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Like many people, I agree that a FMA sequel would be completely useless. I would, however, love more Darker than BLACK, which completely owned. I think something like a movie may do better than a sequel series though, being that much of the problem was seemingly resolved in the first series. I'll take any continuation I can get of it though, as long as its good.
subaru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Even though it hasn't been confirmed, it is very likly that it will happen. Considering the recent state of the anime industry, anime companies will do whatever it takes to make money to survive............ in other words, milk those popular titles as much as they can. A sequel to a series like FMA.......... everyone knows it's going to be a sure win in terms of sales. yes, some fans might not like the idea of it........ but at the end of the day, most of the fans will be sucked right into it anyway......... including me Anime hyper

I'm 50/50 on the idea of FMA2. one one hand, yes, the 1st series + the movie has wrapped up the story almost perfectly, there is really no point in telling more story. On the other hand, for those who have been reading the manga, there is much more to tell about the universe of FMA.......... e.g. countires surrouding the one where ED and Al are living in, new and interesting characters..... etc.

It's going to be hard to merge the storyline of the anime series back to the one of the manga version. Yet I think its do-able.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4