• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Saturday Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tondog38

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know what's going to happen to Rurouni Kenshin?
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Does anyone know what's going to happen to Rurouni Kenshin?

Kenshin is unfortunately not on their April Schedule.
wil2197

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Astro Boy will show Monday through Thursday at 5pm in April. 4 Episodes a week.

Hmm, that would place it in Miguzi's block which starts on April 19th. Something doesn't jive here. By the looks of things now Astro Boy will have it's last episode on April 15th, the last week that Toonami will be on weekdays. Did the Miguzi plans change to include Astro Boy in it? I could see the alternative be to move Astro Boy to either the half hour before or after Miguzi or to an early morning slot at 6am or so (currently held by Transformers Armada).

Interesting...

Emerje

Even if it is anime, I don't see why astro boy doesn't qualify for Miguzi. It's definitely a show that can appeal to a younger audience.
MetatronM

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:38 pm Reply with quote
I know this was posted in the other forum, but just to make sure anybody who comes through here is clear, the news in this thread is wrong.

The Adult Swim Saturday line up was officially announced on their board yesterday and is....

Beginning Saturday, April 24

11 p.m. InuYasha
11:30 p.m. Wolf’s Rain
12 a.m. FLCL
12:30 a.m. Witch Hunter Robin
1 a.m. Trigun
1:30 a.m. Cowboy Bebop
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:19 am Reply with quote
wil2197 wrote:
Even if it is anime, I don't see why astro boy doesn't qualify for Miguzi. It's definitely a show that can appeal to a younger audience.

Don't get me wrong, i do agree that Astro Boy is fit for all audiance. What I'm saying is that the Miguzi block doesn't appear to be interested in anime, so far all of the titles announced are non-japanese shows. In fact they're going for anime inspried shows like Teen Titans and Totally Spies and bypassing shows that would fit like SD Gundam Force.

Emerje

[edit] Oh, and Temp, the episode numbers for Energon make more sence now. On the cartoon Network schedule they show that on April 9th they'll be showing 4 episodes of Energon in a row which will catch the series back up to speed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vicis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 11:18 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the status of Yu Yu Hakusho is for the Saturday schedule? The Toonami Saturday commercials show a clip of it, but I don't see it anywhere in their schedule.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Vicis wrote:
Does anyone know what the status of Yu Yu Hakusho is for the Saturday schedule? The Toonami Saturday commercials show a clip of it, but I don't see it anywhere in their schedule.

Not in April.
Probably back with new episodes in June. (speculation)
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote
That's probably to be expected, since they're getting new animes in. Like Wolf's Rain (even maybe Z Gundam).
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Zack26 wrote:
That's probably to be expected, since they're getting new animes in. Like Wolf's Rain (even maybe Z Gundam).

Both of those would be Adult Swim, though, not Toonami.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 12:11 am Reply with quote
That's true. But I think the reason why they're getting RK off the air. It could be probably due to the new Toonami schedule. Which they're also gonna include Gundam SEED, combined with the return of the Toonami inflight movies (remember those? Smile )
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2