• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - The Best of the Rescues

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:43 am Reply with quote
Great review. I finally had the chance to read it.

Didn't realize that 'Saiunkoku' was that good. Wasn't sure that I'd be interested in it when I first heard about it. Maybe I should give it a watch. I may have personally put it off because of looks. And I just got finished having a discussion with a friend about shows having positive female "leads". At least in anime (despite their male oriented society) there are plenty of shows that have female leads. Even if sometimes they are subject to exploitation. Unlike here where we're still playing catch up as well, while feeding girls loser role models.

I've heard many things and seen much fanwork for 'Higurashi'. I've seen a little of season 2 fansubbed. I was highly impressed with what little I saw. But that pales in comparison to those that followed the first season. I may just have to put this on my "TO BUY" list. Seriously, I would not mind owning it because I KNOW it's good and I do like stuff like this. So it hooked me. And considering the feedback I got on forums about 1st seasons animation quality; while not as good as season 2 it's still watchable. Provided I can look past the technicalities. Hell, I've seen worst and still enjoyed it. It's the show that's worth it's weight in gold not always the visuals.

I have one suggestion. If this all goes well. Considering that 'Funimation' did bring over the animated visual novel 'KimiNozo' (Rumbling Hearts); I hope that they consider 'Higurashi's season 2 and 'School Days'.

And of course I've already said enough about 'Black Lagoon'. I think it's a pretty unique show. Maybe not spectacular, but it's got this odd aura to it. It's serious one minute but it also pokes fun of itself in another. I wasn't really looking to watch this show the first time it was blogged on sites, but after taking a watch I was hooked. I had sort of forgotten my love of girls with guns, but I'm not an action movie buff. But who's to say I don't enjoy it. And I won't say it's even a guilty pleasure either.

I have much to look forward to end of this year and next. More stuff to add to the "wishlist".
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
I wonder when FUNimation will announce release dates for Shounen Onmyouji and Rozen Maiden Traumend? I want SO!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5